This hotel is a very nice is set within a fantastic old building directly between Matlock and Matlock Bath - about a 15min walk either way - and the renovation and attention to detail is excellent. Everything I would expect from a boutique hotel, including the best bathroom ever!
We visited Matlock Bath on a sunny Saturday and found that its a small front of shops that thinks its at the seaside! The shops are all either Fish+Chips, Tea Rooms, Pubs or Arcades, plus the actual bath which is now an aquarium.
Back at the hotel...
The hotel manager was great and couldn't be more helpful, although the other staff seemed a little under-trained and more lackadaisical.
I have read a few mixed reviews on another site, so in order to address those items (at least for room 10):
- the room was spacious
- the windows opened fine
- the plug sockets were all accessible
- the beds were comfy
- room lighting was bright enough to read (or apply make-up)
- the was a free-standing mirror on the bedside table (and a hairdryer in the drawer)
- the bar was open whenever we wanted it
In other words, I could not find faults where others had!
I would recommend this to others and would happily stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel located between Matlock and Matlock Bath - Under new Management since October 2014 - New restaurant Opened February 2015 'Artist's Corner Restaurant' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your High Tor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Tor Hotel Matlock Bath, Derbyshire