“great place”

Matlock Bath Aquarium & Exhibitions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Aquarium and Exhibitions are located in a wonderful Victorian building in the centre of Matlock Bath, this is a popular collection of unique attractions for all the family to visit and enjoy.As well as our fascinating Aquarium that houses over 50 species of fish there is :• One of the largest public displays of Holograms in Europe.• The Thermal Pool which is the home of our famous Carp collection. • The site of the only remaining 'Petrifying well' in Matlock Bath. • A beautiful worldwide Gemstone & Fossil display.• A wonderful trip down memory lane in our 'Past Times in Matlock Bath' Exhibition.• A private collection of Goss and Crested China. totaling over 1,700 pieces. • We also offer a fish sales, rescue and re housing service.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

great place to go for a quick look around and feeding the fish great for being on a budget nice been there lots of times

All reviews
"interesting place"
in 6 reviews
"enjoyable visit"

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favourite all time attractions in matlock.
I remember visiting throughout my childhood.
Don't go in with high expectations, it's a just a small aquarium, but I love it.
The BIG fish pool is my fave, so load up on your 50p's those fish will eat and eat and eat!
And the hologram room, who would have thought they would be soooooo entertaining?
Great value for money, me and kids entertained for a whole hour.

2  Thank macciwoo
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was really impressed with the quality of the fish and how healthy they were. The Axolotl were amazing and really wonderful to see! I was surprised to see them, and the fish were also very friendly. My children loved the koi feeding pond and enjoyed the hologram exhibit. The old Petrifying wells were fascinating, I think more for grown ups than kids but a lovely little bit of history there. really enjoyed this and thought it was good value for money. Nice find in the middle of Matlock!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to Matlock several times but never been in here before. However as it was raining and we were trying to entertain a 4 year old we thought we would give it a go.
We werent expecting much for £3 each but it was well worth the money and our 4 year old loved it. Plenty of different kinds of fish and other creatures which all seemed clean and healthy and a big koi carp pond (which used to be the old baths) where you could feed the fish - make sure you have a couple a 50 pence pieces handy. We spent between 40 mins to an hour in there and it was a welcome escape from the rain and arcades.
I would be happy to go again.