We stayed here for 4 nights for our anniversary after reading the other reviews on here and we wasn't disappointed. We traveled with our two year old son and found that nothing we asked for was a problem and once we had settled in it just felt like a home from home.
For us we have no transport so the location of The Cables was ideal for walking both into Matlock town and up to near the top of Matlock Bath to Gullivers Theme Park which for this trip was as far as we needed to walk.
Our room was lovely and had everything we needed and was made personal by the welcoming board and a 'Happy Anniversary' wish which we thought was nice and thoughtful.
We liked the honesty bar in the room and used it a couple times and as we were staying with a 2 year old we thought the 'teddy bear' on his bed was really cute.
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice, we decided to have an evening meal and the food was so delicious that we decided to have evening meals for the rest of our stay. My husband recommends the sticky toffee pudding and says its the best hes ever had :)
We would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of a stay in Matlock Bath and we hope to return there again in the future. We would like to thank again Roger & Maureen for making our stay and wedding anniversary a special one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are perfectly located between Matlock and Matlock Bath with a 10 min walk to both. We offer a friendly service and pride ourselves on offering lots of little extras. Relax by the log fire on the patio or in the hot tub with a glass of wine and have your pizzas cooked in our out door oven.(april to sept) We focus on special occasions with lots of surprises to make your time memorable we are licensed with room mini bars and source all our food locally, with homemade bread, yogurt, preserves, compote and lots more. With lovely scenic views, you can't fail to have a relaxing time at the Cables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cables B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cables Bed And Breakfast
- Cables Hotel Matlock Bath
- Cables B&B Matlock Bath, Derbyshire