“Excellent!!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Well, where do we start?? 12 people all having different meals, all absolutely perfect, not one complaint, bearing in mind we have a couple of very fussy eaters!! The staff were lovely, the atmosphere great and nothing was too much trouble. Have now booked for Mother's Day because we know it will be a guaranteed great meal. Would highly recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Lynnette R
There are newer reviews for Rose and Crown

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We are staying locally in a wooden yurt and the lamb Inn in Sandford was recommended. We first went there but it was quite chaotic and didn't seem very friendly and accommodating (all tables were reserved and you couldn't wait). So we walked down the hill to the Rose and Crown and loved the atmosphere as soon as we walked in. As someone previously said it's a proper local. The food was fantastic with generous portions and the staff and other drinkers in the pub were really friendly. If I wasn't driving we could have spent the whole afternoon there. Can't recommend this pub enough.

1  Thank StuartA324
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Went on Friday evening with friends and everything was excellent. From the warm welcome we received at the bar to the table service and food. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank lukachops
Reviewed 3 January 2014

So firstly let me say that my parents use the crown a lot for Sunday lunch and family get to gathers and love it here. As for me I am a manager of one of London's top restaurants so I am normally a little over critical when it comes to local restaurants but I have to say how impressed I was with the crown. The service we received was second to none and the lady is so helpful and accommodating she kind of blew me away with the can do attitude. it is rare to find in the hospitality industry these days some one that will do what ever they can to please their guests. An interesting comparison is that we also have eaten at another venue just up the road called the Lamb i think it was called and they were the complete opposite,I was shocked to hear some one tell me "its not on the menu so we cant do it" funny thing was the drink i asked for was so easy to make and they actually had all the products on the shelf, you dont get that at the crown. As for food well I dont think I have come across anywhere else in the Exeter area that gives such great value. Its not often I get beaten by a Sunday lunch but my god it was exceptional and amazing value. I would suggest if you want a proper home cooked meal in a local pub go to the crown and leave the lamb well alone.
Maybe the lamb should send some one on a fact finding mission to see what real customer service is all about. It just goes to show that by throwing money at a venue and making it look all snazzy it doesn't hide the fact the service and food is not that great.
Well done the owners of the crown for getting it spot on please dont change anything.
Darran London

Reviewed 13 December 2013

14 of us had a meal at this pub and chose from the Christmas Menu - plenty of choice at very reasonable prices. We were warmly welcomed and the pub has a great atmosphere. The food was really, really good - the chestnut, lentil and parsnip pudding was beautifully tasty and those who had the turkey, salmon or beef were really pleased with their choices. The mango ice cream cheesecake was beautifully light and tasty. Everything was well presented, the service was exemplary and there were generous servings of well cooked vegetables with the main course. I can thoroughly recommend this pub and will certainly return.