“Unbelievable. *Please read*”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Went out last week with some friends, one said I should try China rose, I told him about my past experiences and the food was below average. There is a chef that works 12 hours all day everyday. (spoke to a member of staff) We were greeted by a polite young man and the owner. It looked shabby inside. There are light bulbs not fitted and more than 2/3 broken, cracks in the paint, dirty walls and mirrors, I'd hate to see what the kitchen itself looks like. The boss went and cooked our food for us. There was one other table and a few takeaways, the phone hardly rang the 2 hours we were there 6-8pm. For a Friday night, using the word dismal is an understatement.

The food came out covered in coriander leaves, and the appearance looks like it was just slopped onto the plate. the chips were undercooked and the boss did not take our complaints well at all. The main chef cooked our food again for a second time, It was far better, really over the moon with his cooking, far better, like a different restaurant.

After eating the food the next day I was experiencing agonising stomach cramps and I am certainly going to call the council for a health inspection.

Even though I know it looks like I have a bit of a downer but just ask for Ken to cook your food. the bloke is fantastic and is always smiling when he brings you your food, My friend ordered yesterday and asked for Ken to cook it. A young lad said that the boss was not here (surprise surprise) and he cooked it.

2  Thank Simon W

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Poor quality food and decor not a lot more to say i'd not return - best bet for Chinese in Hornsea is new begin Chinese takeaway and eat it at home! Or eat at one of the non Chinese restaurants!

4  Thank Andy K
Reviewed 14 July 2012

food is fantastic by far the best chinese resteraunt in hornsea cant see why there is mixed reviews ,service is always fantastic and very quick cooking if ordering takeway.

2  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I visited the China rose for a takeaway and the food was terrible. It was just plonked in plastic containers and warmed up. I don,t know if its been taken over by new owners but its certainly gone down the pan since my last visit. There may be good reviews about the restaurant, but the takeaway side needs to improve.

2  Thank CRISPEE71
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It was a very nice China meals I ever had . I olderd the special offer a dish of Roast Duck with King chung Sauce and Chicken Frice Rice. My friends have Mix seafoods with Bejing sauce. While we were dining the phone was ringing nonstop by takeaway olders mixed with Queen music played, (not quite Chinese.) We finish with fesh fruts dish and Chinese tea. The staff were all helpful. We were indeed have a good evening.

1  Thank Adam Wong W