“Reliably excellent”

Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Med we serve pure Mediterranean food, always fresh and delicious. Our authentic food and surroundings are typical of a traditional Mediterranean restaurant. From the relaxed, friendly atmosphere to the fresh, delicious food - this is the place to come to in Hornsea for the real Mediterranean experience.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Reliably excellent”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My mother (who lives in Hornsea) always books The Med if we're coming to visit - and to be honest it's never disappointed before. This however, is the first time I've ever felt compelled to write a review of the restaurant.

The manager/owner- we thought he was excellent! We went early on a Saturday night as we had a young one in our party. We were there to celebrate my Mum's birthday - the host was so genial (the perfect restaurant host really; not obtrusive but interested, genuine and full of humour) and although we were only there for an hour or two I really felt like The Med had stepped up a gear or two from the year or so that we were last there (when it was perfectly fine anyway!)

The food anyway... Actually let's start with the wine, the new house white is really very very nice. I decided on the mozzarella starter - and I've had this before on a previous visit and I think the new smaller ratio of sweet chilli sauce is a winner. This was followed by fillet steak (cooked medium rare to perfection). Two other people in our group had the fillet (cooked to different orders) and all agreed it was beautiful.

It was getting on a bit so we needed to get home pronto for the young one but I am already looking forward to coming back and sampling more.

Visited April 2014

“THE place to eat celebrate and enjoy in Hornsea”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The service is always 1st class. All the staff and management are friendly attentive and nothing is too much trouble. We like to visit whenever possible and we are always made to feel welcome. The food has always been spot on..... but the menu has now been updated and we have honestly just had the BEST pizza ever. The new rustic pizza range is amazing. We love the atmosphere and it will continue to be our favourite venue.

• Visited March 2014
Selby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Took my girlfriend to the med on valentines day. we were greeted at the door instantly by a very nice man who seemed to be the owner, we didnt have to wait to be seated. The food was very tasty and reasonable prices considering the large portions. The staff catered to our every wish and gave all the women in the restaurant a rose which I thought was a nice touch. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gallachersam
Hornsea, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Have been there a few times now, and will probably continue going ,as the service is always pleasant and efficient. The food is not necessarily the cheapest around, nor is it the most expensive, but it has always been top quality, with a good variety on offer (no microwaved stuff here). Overall we enjoy going there, and would recommend anyone to try it.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dave S
“Is this THE food venue in Hornsea?”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I thought we'd try out the Med Restaurant and Bar. On arrival we were met with friendly staff and instantly felt at home. Sat in the bar, we browsed the menu (Italian) and chose our meal. The menu had a good choice of starters and main courses.

Our table had plenty of room and we were never made to wait for service. The starters were good but my main course was nothing short of exquisite! It was certainly the best filet steak I have ever eaten. My wife enjoyed her dish but I had to fight her off my meal as it was so good. The choice of desert was good with generous servings. The bottle of Rioja we had was at the perfect temperature and was thoroughly enjoyed. All rounded off with fine coffee.

We've found our new favourite restaurant.

• Visited February 2014