“Home from home perfection”
Review of Belvidere Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadstairs
Belvidere Place
Ranked #12 of 24 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
UK
“Home from home perfection”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

What an incredible stay. From the telephone booking conversation, to being welcomed at her front door, Jilly and her son are simply the perfect hosts. With the right balance of familiarity and privacy, we felt so at home and have no doubt in our minds that we will be back, and taking all our family and friends with us.

The house itself is a work of art by Jilly herself, with care and attention to every detail. We were provided with a permit to park on the street and stayed in the large double with a bath. The room was simply beautiful. I felt relaxed the moment I walked in and was absolutely delighted with the treats waiting for us... a box of truffles, bottles of still and sparkling water (always replenished) and some yummy crisps to go with the bottle of red we brought with us. We asked for some wine glasses on the first night and they were replaced every day afterwards without even a word. I merely mentioned in passing about me not drinking tea or coffee at our first breakfast and then as if by magic, hot chocolate and herbal tea appeared at the table as well as in our room that very day.

As for breakfast, well, that title simply does not do justice to the 3 course meal (!) we had each morning!! There is no conventional menu but instead, Jilly presents her ideas depending upon the local ingredients she has in that day, sometimes even from her own vegetable garden. Her talents are boundless in the kitchen and she simply defines the word gourmet. No wonder she is under pressure to open up for brunch!!

Jilly had plenty of recommendations for the local area, of which we took advantage - hiring bikes and cycling the Viking coastal trail, walking and perusing the little villages and towns we passed along the way. Despite all their loveliness, the true gem in Broadstairs is Jilly and Belvidere Place. A home full of character and stories, just like its fantastic hostess. If I were to ever run a B&B, this would be how I'd want to do it. Thank you Jilly.

Room Tip: The large double with wooden floors as long as you are happy with a bath as there is no standing sho...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissFussyUk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
UK
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We arrived a welcome guest and left as one of the family - or certainly as friends. Jilly is such a warm host and does everything to make you feel at home and looked after. Everywhere is spotless and interesting. The breakfasts were delicious and surprising with newspapers. Bliss! The best b&b ever.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank loversofgrandturk
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Just had to write this review, had a lovely couple of days with Jilly and her lovely team, what a pleasure from a welcome with a cake for my husbands birthday, to YUMMY breakfast and spacoius spotless room, exactly what a couple of tired stressed people needed, bliss, Thank you all.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacksjill35
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Belvidere Place for 2 nights during the Bank Holiday weekend in August. Book in time was 3pm but we arrived a little early & were really lucky to get a parking space outside the main door of the Belvidere. We had to pay for on street parking as it is a really busy wee town, but after check-in Jilly gave us a parking permit. The Belvidere is funky, unconventional with shabby chic elegance. We stayed in Rm 4. Big and beautiful. Styled in an eclectic mix of 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s....00's (you get the picture) furniture that blended beautifully in to a menagerie of artful class. We had a bang up-to-date bathroom (note a hand held Victorian style shower only - I love baths so was delighted). The room was absolutely spotless. Breakfast was delicious and Jilly will cook what you like. We had the cooked breakfast both mornings which was stunning. My only teeny criticism was my towels were not changed when I left them in the bath to change & the small bin in the bathroom wasn't emptied - but this was nothing. The town is lovely and was really really busy. Loads of lovely places to eat but our room in the Belvidere was so beautiful we couldn't wait to get back there at night! I can't imagine this is the cheapest place in Broadstairs, but I can only guess the best by a long long way. Thank you Jilly, Gus and the girls for a wonderful stay, (Scottish) Gail ;) & Paul x

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GailWMc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Belvidere Place is a really lovely, charming B&B, perfectly situated in Broadstairs just a couple of minutes away from the beach. To call it a B&B is doing it a disservice as it is so much more than that - it manages to be both 'artfully' and eclectically decorated, with unique and antique pieces, whilst also being very comfortable and indulgent. The breakfasts were also absolutely delicious, with a starter of local fruits, yoghurt and muesli, and a choice of cooked breakfasts to follow. Jilly, Alex and everyone else were incredibly kind and welcoming and did everything possible to make our stay that extra bit special. Broadstairs itself is very charming and perfectly situated for coastal walks to Ramsgate and Margate. I will definitely return!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at Belvidere Place for 2 nights, as a single person. I was so warmly welcomed, from placing the booking to arrival I was confident that my stay would be a good one! The room was beautiful, and the attention to detail was brilliant. The food, as other reviewers pointed out was amazing - roast peach, yoghurt and muesli anyone?? Jilly could not have been more accommodating and helpful in ensuring that I was comfortable, which at the time it really meant a lot. Thank you Jilly - I will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank parisloopy
Jillysharpe, Owner at Belvidere Place, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Being on your own traveling can be tricky, so I genuinely like to include all our guests (If they so wish) into 'The family". I think because this is mine and my sons home it is a bit different from normal B&Bs /Small Hotels with friends popping in and out and the guests of course.. it makes a wonderful mix .
You brought a wonderful smile and energy when you came to stay ..Oh and with Scarborough news a place I love so much. It was a pleasure to have you to stay.. Thank you for taking time to write a very lovely review. And look forward to seeing you again one day. Jilly
Bedford, UK
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Jilly made us feel so welcome on arrival and provided a beautiful tray of tea and lavender biscuits.
Belvidere Place is an impressive Georgian house with a unique arty interior. All rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. We were the only guests so we felt terribly spoilt! We enjoyed a delicious home cooked breakfast, including the first Kent cherries of the season. Jilly recommended Peen's restaurant for our evening meal and Fort's in Cliftonville for lunch. They both lived up to Jilly's high standards of locally grown food cooked to perfection.
A unique and memorable stay in charming Broadstairs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadstairs
The Yarrow Hotel
#5 of 24 in Broadstairs
Copperfields Guest House
Copperfields Guest House
#1 of 24 in Broadstairs

Been to Belvidere Place? Share your experiences!