“Everything you need and want, plus so much more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Merriland

Merriland
Ranked #11 of 26 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Everything you need and want, plus so much more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I cannot praise this little home from home highly enough.
I booked a room here as part of a surprise, for my husbands 50th b'day. We were upgraded to one of the apartments, of which there are two, and have decided to book this room again, later in the year, to bring the children and grandchild.

Firstly I don't write long reviews, usually but feel this gem deserves exposure. And secondly none of this is based on the fact we got an upgrade. I would still love this place.

If you book an apartment they still come in and clean once a day. The attention to detail with their service and facilities is what makes this place faultless. Yes you can have their scrumtious breakfast every morning, or if in an apartment you can make your own in their impressive fitted kitchen/diner. Worried about the dog or baby? Dont! Dogs are welcome and they keep spare travel cots, blow up beds, ironing boards...
location, location, location, a moments walk from the sea, pubs, restaurants. I could go on. I know this has been a long review, but to have made it shorter would have been a disservice.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank pratts-bananas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I visit the Merriland twice a year, Annette is the most warm and welcoming host, nothing is too much trouble. All rooms that I have stayed in are spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. My family and I stayed in the superb apartment last year, two ensuite bedrooms, a fantastic kitchen and large living room with flat screen tv and dvd. We have booked the apartment again for this July (2012) and are looking forward to our stay. For great value, excellent accommodation and a really friendly welcome, the Merriland is the place to stay, I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed for one night on the top floor and was greeted with a glorious view, over the town, of a full moon hanging over the sea.

The room was very nice, a good size and comfortable and clean. The lady who greeted me (Annette?) was very friendly and helpful with directions for finding places to eat and I was only sorry that I didn't have more time to enjoy the place. For £35 a night, this was an absolute bargain and I was able to park outside the front door too.

Breakfast was very good and I WOULD certainly go back however.

Room Tip: I do have one suggestion if you stay for a longer time than I did: I would ask if they have cotton s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Grobbendonk, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was the second time we visited Annette at Merriland and once again Annette made us really welcome. We had the appartment this time as their were 4 of us. It was wonderful. 2 seperate bedrooms ensuite, A well equipte kitchen. and a large living with tv and dvd. Breakfast was more than enough. At Merriland you arrive the first time as guest's and then as friends. Clean, honest and friendly B&B.

Room Tip: Phone Annette
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Krems an der Donau, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I spent our first holiday abroad with our 2-year-old daughter, Ellie, in Merriland! To begin with we were a bit nervous and had our qualms (our daughter was a bit under the weather), but Annette immediately made us feel at ease if not to say at home and was as helpful as could be! We were offered to use the kitchen facilities including the fridge and Ellie was provided with toys! Moreover she was allowed to play with and feed the "host dog", Paddy, in the courtyard, which definitely contributed to make it a memorable stay for her! The entire guest house was impeccable! Our spacious high-standard room was cleaned and tydied up on a daily basis and all the facilities both in our room and the dining hall were geared towards the needs of a toddler: high chairs, travel cot etc., were provided! Annette and her staff were always friendly and helpful and busy to meet everyone's needs! Being just a few walking minutes from both the most popular beaches/ harbour with all its attractions and the shops and restaurants, and still being situated in a comparatively quiet area, Merriland was THE perfect accommodation for our first family holiday! We're hoping to come back next year! :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

A B&B we go back to time and time again,ANNETTE the owner is lovely nothing is too much trouble.The rooms and beds are really comfortable and spotlessly clean. the breakfast is good with plenty of choice.In very easy reach of the beach, restaurants and shops and if you do not want to use your car also very near bus stops for Ramsgate, Canterbury etc.The holiday appartment is first class with every modern conveinience. Broadstairs is a lovely chill out place to visit and in my opinion "THE MERRILAND" the place to stay. Hazel

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

my husband and I stayed at this b&b for 3 nights with our 10 month puppy we were given a large family room at the top of the house so we could have more space with to pup very steep stairs very clean and comfy we could come and go as we pleased no extra charge for the puppy very good breakfast very friendly landlady Annette and staff very helpful would recommend this B & B to everyone, and you can take you dog

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadstairs
The Yarrow Hotel
#8 of 26 in Broadstairs
Copperfields Guest House
Copperfields Guest House
#1 of 26 in Broadstairs

Been to Merriland? Share your experiences!