“Lovely and welcoming hotel”
Review of Merriland

Merriland
Ranked #7 of 24 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Annette was very helpful during our stay and happy to offer local information. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Our children were made to feel very welcome and we found lots to keep them entertained during our stay.we love Broadstairs and the Merriland. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank carriegibson

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at Merrilands on several occasions now due to travelling throughout the South East with work commitments. I know Annette to be very friendly, welcoming and also relaxed enough to not crowd her guests but to be there when you require anything for your stay, which i find is a nice balance to have when staying anywhere relatively unfamiliar.
As I am away from home a lot it is often rare to find somewhere that feels without sounding cliched "home from home" but here I feel this very much so. I am guaranteed a good nights rest and relaxation, which considering the hours I clock up driving to and from meetings is essential!
The apartment has everyting I need and is clean, tidy, and finished to a high standard. I have my next three stays already booked here for the coming months and I hope to bring my family here for a break also to be able to explore Broadstairs more and the surrounding areas as she is located just over a 5 minute walk to the seafront and town.
See you again soon Annette! Thankyou again!
Robert. Whitlow

Room Tip: The newly finished Studio apartment where I stayed is well worth checking in for
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked apartment for 3 week time.Annette gave a lots of information about Broadstrairs and all places we should visit and can interested in.Apartments has all equipments which you need to cook.That was amazing.It helped us to decrease our daily meal cost.It was really comfortable and clean.The facility is located best location to go everywhere(10 min to train and 5 min to beach by walk).We used train to go London, it was economic and easy way.It takes only 70 min.Moreover,Broadstairs has some humorous pubs and is safety place to stay.The cost of stay was eligible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked very last minute, we received a very warm welcome from Annette and her family who were all very accommodating during our stay. Lovely comfortable studio apartment just like going from home to home with bedroom, living space including kitchenette and en suite. Spacious and included everything that you would need in a self catering accommodation which was perfect not having to work to a set breakfast time. Exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Perfect location in a peaceful street yet minutes from the beautiful seaside town baring so much history and natural features. Perfect destination for a romantic weekend away with plenty of quaint shops, bars and restaurants and yet night life if you want something a little livelier. I cannot thank you enough Annette and we will definitely be visiting again.

Room Tip: We had top floor studio apartment which was quiet with reasonable views but this might not be approp...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

At a five minutes walk to the seafront, in an absolutely quiet residential area, this lovely hotel offers you the perfect base for any activities in Broadstairs and Kent. I shared an apartment with a colleague on a business trip. Two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and a wonderfully cosy and tastefully furnished sitting room with dining table and open kitchen were perfect for our needs. Breakfast was served with fresh fruit, a choice of bread and cereals according to our tastes. The kitchen equipment was perfect for preparing tea in the afternoon and dinner in the evening. Dropping in at midday for a quick lunch, we found beds made and everything spotlessly clean. Annette is the perfect, helpful and friendly landlady. The Merriland will always be my choice in Broadstairs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Like Cathy N, I also come to Broadstairs to visit an elderly mother and also enjoyed an early morning walk on the beach. Annette was very helpful and welcoming. The room was quiet and clean, the bed was comfortable and convenient en suite bathroom. Perfect location for the beach and cliff top walks. On site parking a bonus. I will definitely stay again. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I had a really enjoyable stay for 1 night, we were met by Annette, who was really friendly and happy to give us the key to the
top floor apartment without asking for payment/deposit.
The apartment was very clean & tidy, en-suite shower, microwave & tea/coffee facilities.
It was ideal for us and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family