“Great”
other travellers have booked this property
Relaxing on the sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Relaxing on the sofa
Main bedroom
Saturday breakfast
Fish in the alcove off living room
lounge
Single bedroom
Artwork in single bedroom
Granite worktops
Modern kitchen
Contemporary bathroom with walk in shower
Fish alcove
Sunday morning breakfast
Morning coffee, Chiapinni's cafe, 20 paces from property overlooking the beach.
View from Chiapinni's
A lovely old fashioned cinema
Walking down to the beach
Viking beach on a scorching day in June
Sands on the beach, great for lunch
We love the food in this pub
Broadstairs harbour
Clock tower Broadstairs harbour
Dickens house in the background
Our little one LOVES crabbing
Posillipo, our favourite restaurant
I love this deli
We love harringtons
Dickens House
Quaint Broadstairs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ginspice
Morristown, Tennessee
“Awful”
Reviewed 5 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This "cottage" is almost right on the seafront, however, it is also next door to a fish and chips shop, several pubs and some kind of night club place. The only windows, which are in the bedrooms, open onto a public walkway. The noise from the pubs is awful. I was there during Folk Week but I would imagine this would go on all summer. I could not leave the windows open at night and therefore it got quite hot in there. I ended up paying to stay in a hotel so I could get some sleep. The cottage smelled very musty and trash had been left under the sink. The bathroom door does not close completely, probably due to the dampness, and it was not all that clean. There are three steps coming up from one bedroom which I tripped on several times. The bed is not comfortable. I would definitely not stay here again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Oct 2015
Thank you for your review, and I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. I endeavour to make the property description as clear and honest as possible, and do state that it is very close to Chiappinni’s cafe, restaurants and the fish and chip shop, as some guests like to be close to all the amenities. There is no pub on the doorstep; however during Folk Week Broadstairs explodes into an extremely busy place, cafes and other usually quiet places turn into very noisy pubs which are then open all night. I always check with guests who book during Folk Week, that they are aware of it, and if they are not, I offer to transfer their booking or offer a full refund as I don’t wish for guests to have an unpleasant stay. Your response regarding my email query made me quite sure you knew what Folk week entailed :
> Hello Jo,
> Yes I am aware it's Folk Week. I love being there that week. My Aunt lives in St Peters village so I spend time with her also. I did read the review about the noise. I'll be sure to pack ear plugs!

Most properties on the sea front in Broadstairs suffer some kind of dampness - and they need to be well ventilated, otherwise they do smell musty. We have installed an extractor fan that we leave on, and we suggest in our welcome pack that our guests do the same, and the property has 5 windows; 3 in the lounge and one in each bedroom that all open fully to ventilate the property.
The bathroom door and other issues were dealt with as soon as we knew about them.
ben274
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 14 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This rental cottage was spotless,very close to the beach and shops.Just as described.We would book again and strongly recommend.A big thank you to Jo.

24 Jun 2015
I'm so glad you had a lovely time with us. We'd love to have you back, and offer a discount to returning guests which I'll send to you. With best regards, Jo
LondonLoc...
London
“Tiny but lovely”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Very cosy, well-appointed cottage with grest kitchen and bathroom facilities, there is no bath but a powerful shower. We spent a long weekend there with our 4 year old son who hated the shower but loved the cosy single room with very comfy bed. The DVD player and wi fi kept us entertained in the evenings. The cottage is in a great location, very close to the beach, ice cream and lots of delicious places to eat. Would definitely visit again.

The only quibble I have is that the double bed is uncomfortable with a lumpy mattress - which is why this review has 4 instead of 5 stars.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
JeanPorts...
Portsmouth
“Not recommended. In need of decoration. Then smell of damp is hidden by an air freshener.”
Reviewed 3 February 2015 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

On arrival, wet towels on floor and the beds had not been changed. The dates had been muddled up. No refund was offered. Had no hot water the first day. Could not make contact with owner about this.

Parking not good.

4 Feb 2015
Since the guest's stay, the property has been redecorated and refurbished.
In 6 years of renting Broadstairs Cottage, this was the only time that we have not had the property ready for a guest- our cleaner was having an extremely stressful week and muddled up the dates. Not acceptable nevertheless, and she was mortified when she found out. She went straight round with a gift to apologise and get the cottage ready for them. All our guests are given both mine and our cleaners mobile numbers before they arrive, and are advised to contact the cleaner if they have an issue with the cottage, as she lives round the corner and is usually able to call in and sort out whatever is needed immediately.
Regarding parking, we do not have any parking. This is clearly stated in our property description. I do send a map, with all the free parking in the surrounding area marked on it. It is usually possible to park for free, within a few minutes walk (except maybe during Bank holidays and the summer holidays).
Berkshire
Reviewed 3 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quietness and easy access
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Sarah W
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Convenient for the beach but noisy at night”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Very convenient location for the beach and local shops and restaurants which was great during the day but very noisy at night at the weekends when the pubs stayed open until 1am and there was a constant stream of very loud shouting and swearing until the early hours, both from the main street which is very close to the cottage, and from people walking through the alleyway past the cottage. The cottage was clean and well equipped with a fairly good kitchen and bathroom and had lots of thoughtful extra touches like beach towels, nice soap, wine etc but had a constant damp smell. We liked Broadstairs, great beach but if we went again we would pick a quieter location.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The modern fittings and location.
Liked least: The front door could benefit from an extra chain lock or a double locks. It sometimes doesn't close properly when you leave the cottage.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing