“Short on large exhibits”

Crampton Tower Museum
Ranked #13 of 28 things to do in Broadstairs
England
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Short on large exhibits”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Perhaps I was expecting too much on my first visit to this museum, which is located close to Broadstairs railway station. My initial impression upon entering the main open-fronted building was that I had stumbled upon a model railway club, for there were several layouts running around the perimeter of the building, in the centre of which stood a handsome Broadstairs stagecoach. We were approached almost immediately by an enthusiastic volunteer who regaled us with anecdotes about Crampton and his achievements. Unfortunately this gentleman persisted in following us around throughout our visit, leaving us little opportunity to study the exhibits for ourselves. We spent some time in the adjoining tower which forms part of the museum and here we found some interesting old photos of East Kent buses together with some models. Overall I was disappointed as I had been expecting to see at least one or two old vehicles on site apart from just a stagecoach.

Visited June 2011