“2 days out of date milk!!!!”

The David Copperfield Harvester
Ranked #103 of 141 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The David Copperfield Harvester in Broadstairs food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Broadstairs, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to St Peters, Westwood and Cliftonville, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family went for an early evening meal on Sat 14th, as it was busy we ordered some drinks from the bar and my 7yr old daughter had some milk. Later when we where sitting down at our table she said her milk didn't taste right, we tasted it and it had was off and also had lumps, I took it to the head waiter and explained and he just took it off me and said nothing apart from "where are you sitting" I noticed they took the milk out of the fridge and notice it was 2 DAYS OUT OF DATE ( use by 12th) I called the waiter over and told him I noticed the date and he said I would speak to his manager. I found one spoke to the manager but at no point apologised!! I found the manager who said they hame measures in place but obviously where not working, he said he was looking into how it could happen and would come back but never did and was not about when we left. If they San sell out of date milk with an obvious use by date how can anyone have confidence that they are not serving out of date meat??? I will be writing to their head office as these problems need to be taken serious! On a positive note the waiter was very helpful.

2  Thank Parker_family_11
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The David Copperfield Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your interesting and informative comments on Trip Advisor following your recent visit. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and have replied to you personally, as we are working hard at getting it right.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have eaten in many eateries all over the world and what makes this experience stand out was the complete lack of service from start to finish. 8 of us were there to celebrate a birthday and the waitress should have listened more and assumed less.
We ended up with meals we hadn't ordered but still paid for leaving one member of the party borrowing to pay.
The manager took the waitresses side and failed to listen to ours and didn't much care whether we came back or not. all over £16!!
Can I assume that Harvester have stopped caring, reminds me of Ratners a few years back. James even offered to throw me out assuming, I'm sure, we were trying to pull a fast one.

Finally Harvester don't bother to respond I've read all your standard responses

1  Thank Barry J

May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Where do I start. There were 8 of us celebrating a birthday.The waitress had a problem with hearing. My friend in our group ordered 2 drinks for himself and partner she came back with his. He asked again for his partners drink and after 5 minutes still no drink . Then the partner asked and she was told she could order her drink when she came to take food order. The food order was a complete shambles but I'll leave my husband to deal with that and the rude waitress grinning at him during discussion with manager. I had steak sandwich which was awful. The steak was so tough and grisly. There were no peppers in the sandwich which was stated on the menu. I ordered garlic sauce with it but got chilli. We will not be returning.

2  Thank rose w

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to D C's this week for a family meal with children,10 of Us altogether.A very good well priced meal .service was very good and the food was good.We have been here before and We will certainly return.thanks.

1  Thank jlitten

Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We visited on a Sunday lunchtime, and both thoroughly enjoyed a lively meal. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The allergy menu list highlighted that people following a gluten free menu now can have the apple/blackberry crumble and custard which was lovely.

The meal for two was reasonably priced.

1  Thank Sue R

Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.