“Evening dinner for 7”

Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Staying at the Travelodge across the car park from this restaurant and my first time in this chain restaurant. Here for a family event; booked the table for 7 people at 6pm for a meal at 8.30 on a Wednesday. Restaurant was heaving and clearly not everyone has negative reviews of the place despite the more recent reviews. We were shown to our table at 8.30 and had a very attentive waitress who deserved her tip at the end of our evening as she looked after us very well. Great choice of started and main course. Some really great tastes and everyone enjoyed both the food and the evening here together.

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Food was cold and tasteless, I watched the food sat waiting to be brought to the table for 5 mins, salad was a pile of lettuce stumps. I won't be going back.

3  Thank Matt_Vic2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and my partner attended chiquitos as were watching a film over at Westwood cross, we ordered beef nachos to start, I had the chicken fajitas and my partner had the peri peri chicken fajitas. our starters arrived swiftly and then an hour later our mains hadn't arrived yet people who had arrived after us (bearing in mind there was only about 5 other tables of people) had their mains before us. We questioned the staff who then said they had a problem with the orders going through to the kitchen and they would find out where our food was, shortly after our food arrived, we paid the bill and thought nothing of it until I woke at around 3am vomiting, stomach cramps, and continued to do so throughout the night and the next day, I couldn't even keep water down. when my partner arrived home that evening he phoned the restaurant to report what had happened as it was an obvious case of food poisoning, my partner also suffering with stomach pains. They ran through a very thorough questionnaire and said that they have their own in house health and safety procedures they have to follow. Two weeks went by and we heard nothing - we then receive a letter in the post today to say that it couldn't possibly be food poisoning because none of their staff were ill and their kitchens were clean. It doesn't take a fool to know that food only needs to be under cooked or not cooked properly to become contaminated and cause food poisoning or it begs the questions was our food sat there for an hour and re heated when prompted? they also issued us with a £30 voucher for... you guessed it their restaurant, why on earth they would think we would want to return is a mystery to me. Along with their pitiful excuses and lack of customer service I think it is appalling they way they handled our dining experience, it is an abomination the way they handled our complaint and we have written back to them to reflect this and that we want to take it further. I advise anyone to STRONGLY avoid this place unless you want to be ill! I have only put a 1 as the rating because I have to otherwise it would have been a minus!

6  Thank Charlotte D
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went here yesterday evening a Sunday as not many places open in town, would not off been my first choice, pleasantly surprised very freandly staff, food of a good standard reasonably priced, nice chilled cider will go back

1  Thank Robstermax
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great selection of starters, mains and desserts. Great service from our waitress. Thoroughly recommend the BBQ chicken fajitas and for dessert, the Mexican mess. The restaurant was clean and tidy, the staff quick to clear up any mess from the floor that other diner had made.

2  Thank Andy A