“Very impressed. Fantastic day.”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Broadstairs
Folkestone, Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very impressed. Fantastic day.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I visited this Spa last week as a treat for myself and partner after recently moving to the area. We opted for a Spa day package, with massages and use of the gym and pools.
I have been to many spas and this has been by far the best. The spa itself is relaxing, warm and inviting. The relaxation room is fantastic and a great place to unwind.
Staff were all friendly, professional and fantastic at their jobs. The massage was deeply relaxing and I did not want it to end!
We had a go in the gym - and we're amazed by the equipment! Treadmills built in air conditioning, personal screens with sky tv and more. Gym staff very helpful. The pools were both nice and warm, spa pool, sauna and steam room epic and atmosphere friendly. It was jut too busy either. Once settled in the area we will be in to join and enjoy this luxury every day! Surprised how low cost it is when you work it out

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Majorluketwice

kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Waxing by charlyne”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I am a member at Bannatyne gym and I have also been on the spa for my monthly facial treatments. On 27.1.14 I went to spa for my Brazilian and under arm waxing. Charlene took 45 mins and it was such a dissapointment. She used hot wax. I left with still a lot of hair. I didn't see the point if complaining as she took so long but I will definitely not be going back nor recommend her to anybody. I payed £41

Visited January 2014
6 Thank diamondgirl1Kent
Folkestone, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Virgin Experience Voucher”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was lucky enough to be given a voucher for a spa day, which included a facial and back massage – as well as use of the gym and pools.

We decided to visit the Thanet / Broadstairs branch mainly for the outdoor pool – visiting on a Sunday in January 2014.

Upon arrival, we went to the main reception desk to be told to wait in the spa. We entered the spa and sat in the waiting area. No one was on the reception desk and after around 15 minutes of waiting I went back the main reception.

This was a little annoying, as we had planned to use the gym and pool before our 3.30pm appointment and found this was eating into this time.

When I went back to the desk, it was unmanned. I managed to find a member of staff in an office nearby and explained. He said he didn’t know how the spa worked – after a few minutes the original receptionist came into the spa and checked us in.

We paid to pay an extra £3 each for the loan of the dressing gown and slippers. Both fitted fine, and unlike other reviews I didn’t find them to small (and I’m not a small size!) I do think maybe a £3 deposit would have been better, rather than a charge, as the gowns really are a must – as you have to walk through the café to the spa.

Maybe it was the time of our visit by the gym was very quiet. The area and equipment was clean and working.

After we visited the pool – the outdoor pool was a real highlight for me! Inside the pool area was looking slightly sorry for its self, could do with a deep clean. The sauna and steam room were fine though.

Changing rooms were clean but the showers again were looking a little tired.

You have to walk from the changing rooms, through the café toward to the front door to reach the spa. It would make more sense to have a direct entrance. As I can image some people would have issues walking through the café in a dressing gown.

The spa it’s self had a lovely atmosphere – clean and warm. Perfect mood lighting along to the treatment rooms, with appropriate background music.

The treatment room was lovely and my therapist was polite and professional. Both the facial and massage were great. I really enjoyed it and found the products really good.

Water is supplied free of charge in the spa. The relaxing room with heated stone beds are also available to use all day free of charge – but with only 6 beds you need to be lucky.

It wasn’t the best start but it really did improve. I would be more than happy to visit again.

Visited January 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Fabulous"”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Definitely will retreat back! The spa was relaxing, treatments were to high standards and staff were all very friendly, Had a great facial with a back massage from charlene and Anne. Would recommend to a friend

1 Thank Daniellefam
surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“disappointed”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Be warned you have to take your own towels. Not told when booked.You are charged for robes which only fit size 10s slippers not bagged. You have to walk through cafe in ill fiting robes to spa,
Paid for waxing and had to re do when home. Swedish massage inconsistant I was given head massage my friend wasn't.
Never experienced any other spa where any of this has happened.
Would not reccommend