“Breakfast with the Dickensians”
Review of Bandstand Kiosk

Bandstand Kiosk
Ranked #45 of 139 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Bandstand Kiosk offers a full exciting and unique breakfast, lunch and snacks menu. We carry a full range of gluten and dairy free alternatives. We also offer a selection of mouthwatering locally sourced cakes, a wide range of teas, coffees, soft drinks and ice creams. With the best views in Broadstairs, wonderful entertainment and friendly service the overall experience is second to none.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I visited Broadstairs with my wife this morning and was leisurley wandering towards the bandstand when we noticed people in Victorian dress were amassing. We walked in and were warmly welcomed by the Bandstand Kiosk staff who told us to pick a table and we would be seen to shortly.
A very nice man came over and took our breakfast order. Tea arrived within a minute or two followed soon after by our breakfast. So, there we were sat outside in the glorious sunshine amongst a crowd of Victorian people eating our breakfast and feeling rather underdressed. The chap later told us that they were there for the Broadstairs Dickensian Week.
Breakfast was hot and delicious and the staff very friendly. I'm so glad we walked by there and didn't end up in a high street cafe. Very reasonably priced too. Under a tenner for both of us.
High recommended.

1  Thank Gary P

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Bandstand kiosk today and it was brilliant. The staff were attentive, polite and friendly. We had jacket potato which was delicious. Surprisingly, jacket potatoes can be a bit hit and miss in most places. They are either undercooked or so solid you can use them as a weapon. The Bandstand got them absolutely spot on!

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who happily supplied a teaspoon to feed my baby daughter and changed her water in her sippy cup.

We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Foxxie52
Reviewed 5 June 2014

second time here. sat down with sun beating down, gentle breeze and a guy singing. lovely ambiance. polite young guy came over, gave us the menu and took our order. I had the baked sweet potato and sour cream with salad that i would highly recommend, The salad was nicely dressed and went down a treat. The only minor issue that would benefit this lovely open air venue is a alcohol licence to have a cold beer or nice glass of chilled wine! Check the weather forecast and have a great time.....summer here we come.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I've visited here many many times over the last few years and this place is constantly improving which, given that it's always been pretty damn good, is a credit to the owners. The food quality and pricing is spot on and weather dependant, is my preferred lunch spot in town. Considering they have a small amount of space there, the menu is varied and interesting and the kitchen turns out good quality generous dishes. In the last 3 weeks I've met friends there for lunch (Greek salad platter amazing) had a large family lunch (7 of us) and we all had the club sandwiches which were lovely and I've also popped in to indulge in their 3 tier coffee and walnut cake which at just £2 a massive slab (it's not really a slice) is big enough to share if you're feeling generous (although it's so gorgeous you might just want to keep it to yourself) Drinks are well priced and varied, the coffee's good and they sell grapefruit San pelligrino, my absolute favourite! I've selfishly hesitated writing this long overdue review because I think this place is still a bit undiscovered by the mass of tourists who throng the town and just hit the beach and chip shops and ideally I don't want it to change BUT they deserve this review and if you like great food, a friendly service team in a lovely location then this is the place for you. Just hope for sun when you visit - although they do have lovely snuggly blankets you can wrap up in if it's a bit overcast. Nice touch!

1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had brunch at the Bandstand Kiosk in Broadstairs I had a LBT sandwich served with a side salad & crisps & my partner had a smoked mackerel Panini served with a side salad, coleslaw & crisps, the meal was excellent also good portion sized & good value for money. The area was very clean & tidy, we sat in the sunshine watching the band that were playing.The staff were very friendly & we recommend you try eating here, they have a very good, wide choice of menu.