“Best breakfast in town”

Ranked #7 of 26 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked the Bay Tree because of its location so close to town. I didn't realise there would be other benefits such as a very welcoming and attentive staff, a spotlessly clean room, crisp clean towels and bedding, a full English breakfast that truly lives up to the name and secure off street parking. It was great value for money too. At breakfast I met a couple who told me that they have been coming to the Bay Tree for the last 8 years. I fully understood why. I only stayed one night but if I wanted a hotel to be my base for a longer period of time the Bay Tree would be at the top of my list. It is a family run concern that focusses fully on the guest. Welcome done. I shall definitely be returning to the Bay Tree again this year.

Room Tip: As far as I could see all the rooms were good, but for a first time visitor to Broadstairs, a room f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the Bay Tree in April 2014, and loved the place so much stayed again for 10 days, in July 2014. The hotel has beautiful views, and is close to many beaches, viking bay, joss bay, stone bay to name a few. The owner and staff made me feel very welcome, and my friend. The breakfast was excellent. The rooms well maintained and spacious and very clean.I would highly recommend this hotel. S.Clarke.

Room Tip: Ground floor room for the disabled.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

A very belated review of my visit last July... We took the sea view, balcony room, as I was told it was only £4 more a night than the non-balconied. And it was as literal a stone throw as I've seen from the sea. We slept with the balcony doors open so as to hear the gently crashing waves. Far enough from the town to be very quiet, whilst still being easily reachable on foot.
Lovely breakfasts. And the owners had no trouble with us leaving the car in their car park for a few hours after checking out. Highly recommended b&b in a highly recommended town.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveH1989
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

A friendly and warm welcome awaits you at the Bay Tree. The breakfast was excellent and hot plates ! (makes such a difference) and the customer service A1. If you need a B&B then look no further. Well done Bay Tree.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and pay extra it's worth it..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue O
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the Bay Tree Hotel from 27th July to the 3rd August, Margaret her husband and staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable, during my stay as i was on my own. Lovely hotel i stayed in Room 8 beautiful view of Stone Bay and the room was light and airy and was perfect very cosy, the hotel lounge was lovely very relaxing and a nice little bar, there was a lovely seating area at the front of the hotel which was nice to sit outside in the day and eveing.

Was greated by Margaret and shown to my room where everything i needed was there and nothing was to much trouble

Breakfast was lovely a good choice of cereal and a good choice of cooked breakfast, can't wait to visit again and will definitely visit again in 2014, and would recommend this hotel to friends and family

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Sharon E
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I first stayed in the Baytree for just one night with business colleagues in 2006 and was so impressed I returned a few weeks later with my wife and young son. The accommodation is excellent and the small team of staff very friendly and made my son (who at the time was quite shy) very welcome.

The breakfasts were excellent with extra tea/coffee or toast if you wanted more. The view from the dining area is sublime.

Richard and Margaret also serve alcoholic drinks although only up until about 10.00 pm which meant we could sit outside and enjoy a drink in the pleasant Summer evening with our boy. The beach is about 30 seconds walk and the town and the Pavilion not that much further. It is truly a wonderful place so quaint. In fact we returned for the next 4 years thereafter.

Room Tip: Try and procure the one with the balcony
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have just got back from a wonderful weekend at the Bay Tree hotel in Broadstairs & could not have been more pleased with the accomodation. We had room 4 which has a large balcony overlooking stone bay, large bed very comfortable & everything you need. We where greeted & shown to our room where everthing we needed to know was explained to us. Lovely breakfast ( the full english will last you all day). All the staff where very friendly & nothing was to much trouble for them. We have stayed in Broadstairs many times at different hotels & this has been the best experience so far. We will certainly be returning & will recommend The Bay Tree to our friends.

Room Tip: Number 4, best room with best view & plenty of room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Borderreiver47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadstairs
The Botany Bay Hotel
#1 of 12 in Margate
Bleak House
Bleak House
#6 of 26 in Broadstairs

Been to Bay Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!