All reviews harry potter owners and staff wet room sea view comfortable lounge very nice hotel locally sourced ingredients five minute walk night's sleep clean rooms sound of the waves walk in shower short walk from the centre toast excellent breakfast single room room was large
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for three nights and loved the experience. The owners Robert and Alistair were very pleasant and attended to our every need. We stayed in the Walnut room and the facilities are first class. The bathroom has a lovely big bath and wet room shower which we loved. The breakfast is cooked to order and is very tasty. What impressed me most other then the location and cleanliness is the consideration of the owners. We were due to stay in Whitstable, however due to an emergency we had to rebook to this establishment which turned out to be a godsend. Not only were we given a fair price but we were allowed to check in six hours earlier at no additional cost which I felt was a very classy thing to do. The place is first class and we hope to be back in due course!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback - we are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have appreciated our efforts to provide you with the best possible service. We hope we can welcome you again to The Bay Tree in the future - Robert and Alistair (owners/ managers)

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

A wonderfully different approach to most Hotels I've stayed in over the years. The owners Robert and Alistair and not forgetting Ben are welcoming and approachable making sure that whatever need you have is met. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in a wonderful well decorated room with en suite shower room which was modern and bright including a rainshower. The Bay Tree interior design has been well thought out and the large Victorian rooms still retain a lot of original features which adds to the elegance of this lovely hotel. Breakfast was inclusive of the price and there is plenty of choice including locally sourced ingredients. I would also recommended a table for dinner as the food was divine and well presented. We will be back in the near future and thank Alistair and Robert for their hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I arrived in the dark and cold and found this delightful place – an oasis of comfort, warmth and good food. No, sorry, exceptionally good food. The chef did us proud. A G & T and a chat with the amenable hosts set me up for the evening. Breakfast was a bit slow but that did not spoil my stay. As Arnie would say, I’ll be back!

Room tip: All the rooms seem good to me
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for your review - we are very pleased you have enjoyed The Bay Tree and our food. We're very sorry if you found the breakfast service a little slow but we'd like to highlight that our breakfasts are all cooked individually to order - we hope you thought it was worth the wait! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future! Robert (co-owner/ manager)

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Stayed in hotel on a Thursday 8th March. Got upgraded to a sea view room which was lovely. Lovely view especially watching the stunning sunrise the next morning. Very quiet and peaceful but literally just around the corner from the centre of Broadstairs via a footpath. Really lovely hotel and friendly owners who were very accommodating. I also felt very comfortable as a solo traveller. Would definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled solo
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review - we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the lovely sea views. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Robert (co-owner/ manager)

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend in awful weather in March. First impressions on arrival was good. Room was small but adequate.
However throughout the stay there was a failure to pay attention to the details. Spoons in the room were dirty, as they were in the dining room. Meal on Friday night was barely adequate and there was no choice and dessert was stale and inedible. Even when I pointed this out I was still charged £5.50 for it. Tablecloths were stained and room cleaning was shabby

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 791worried
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that on this occasion we have not met your expectations and will be feeding your comments back to our staff so that there is no repeat. Our staff follow detailed checklists and we will be reviewing these with our staff to identify where we have gone wrong and where we can improve. We have put a small token of goodwill on your account - Robert (co-owner/ manager)