All reviews harry potter owners and staff wet room sea view comfortable lounge very nice hotel locally sourced ingredients five minute walk night's sleep clean rooms sound of the waves walk in shower short walk from the centre toast excellent breakfast single room room was large
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent location right on sea front and very short walk to shops and restaurants. Rooms very comfortable could not fault them fell asleep with the sound of the waves - bliss. Friendly hosts couldn't have been more helpful. Had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future. Robert (co-owner/ manager)

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This is the first time I've been back to the Bay Tree since their refurb. I was blown away by how stunning it looked and how luxurious my bedroom was, with the windows artfully designed to give me a peep of the sea even though the room looked out onto the side of the building. The Harry Potter artwork on the walls was fab - tasteful and not too intrusive but a real treat for fans of the films.

The service was friendly and my cooked breakfast each morning was prompt, beautifully served and piping hot. They do lovely cakes and cream teas as well, available throughout the day, and the mango cheesecake is out of this world.

I love the fact that it's only 5 minutes from the town centre but far enough from the hustle and bustle to feel really peaceful. The beach-across-the-road always feels quiet and remote, and on a windy day a bit wild too.

The only thing I would change is to have fresh milk in the room rather than those little UHT pots, but they brought me a jug of fresh milk on request so I can't complain really.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this place as a getaway venue. It's a hidden jewel on the southeast coast and great value for money.

Room tip: The front rooms are the most expensive, with panoramic sea views, but you get partial sea views from the slightly cheaper side rooms too.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at The Bay Tree. We hope that we can welcome you again for a return visit. Robert and Alistair (co-owners/ managers)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights, in room 9 during the week before Easter, the Hotel has been refurbished to a good standard with a Victorian theme. The Hotel and the room was clean and comfortable and the sea views from our bay window was simply stunning. Good ventilation and good heating (your choice). Free parking outside on the road so I never used the free car park. We were made to feel very welcome and the staff couldn’t do enough for you. Breakfast was excellent, service, quantity and quality of the food, one of the best I have had. I had just returned from three weeks business in California Hotels and I enjoyed staying at Bay Tree far more.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your review - we are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again. Robert and Alistair (co-owners/ managers)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We popped in on a blustery Broadstairs day to have cofffee and have a look at this recently renovated hotel. We had read a really fab review in the Guardian and wanted to check it out for ourselves.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the reception is so welcoming.
One of the owners spoke to us and was happy to show us one of the rooms. Needless to say, we will be back to stay and experience the full charm of this lovely hotel.
We wish Alistair, Robert and Ben all the best with this venture. You can tell much time, love and money has been invested in getting everything just right. We will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed our hospitality - our sea view lounge, our library bar and our restaurant are all open for non-residents as well as resident guests. We look forward to welcoming you again. Robert (co-owner/ manager)

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Before I go in to reviewing Bay Tree, let me say, I spoke to the owner at the time who gave us a discount on our stay, which we appreciated.
There is no doubt that Bay Tree is a beautiful hotel, it has been renovated to a high standard with lovely furniture, beds, bathrooms & linen. It’s situation is perfect, close enough to walk in to town & with the most wonderful views of the sea. For me that’s the positive but it’s not about that, when we arrived on Friday, to be honest, it was not welcoming, in fact feel we were more of a nuisance. We we shown to our lovely Rm 5 with balcony & sea view. The bathroom was gorgeous, lovely fittings but only one shelf by the shower. Nowhere to put your toiletries, we had to use a narrow window sill. No paper cup/glass to pop your toothbrush in or to swill after you’ve brushed. Half filled toiletries...actually the pump dispenser for the shower/hair gel didn’t even fit the bottle. Breakfast next morning was interesting, one poor lad with a room full of people, but he coped really well & was polite, He cooked all our toast for us so all we had to do was sit there. Today, Sunday, breakfast was a whole different kettle of fish. We were the second couple down, we preceded to get our fruit/cereal & sat down. A different young lad came over with BUTTER & grease around his face, still chomping asking us if we wanted tea or coffee then took our order for cooked breakfast. We ordered along with toast & he said ‘toaster over there do your own’ Ok..well toaster was not on but hey ho, we had only just put our spoons down in our empty dishes & the hot food came so I went up to do the toast, I put the bread through once & it was warm, then a second time & it was vaguely beige so I asked the waiter to keep my food warm, he took it away & pushing the bread back through the toaster it finally went brown. The waiter brought my food back...it was stone cold, they had not kept it warm. I sent it back & just had toast. It was appalling & not one sorry amongst all this!
You expect to pay for quality & this was what we hoped for but we were so disappointed. Yes it’s beautiful & lots of nice little bits around but at what cost. Poor staff training can break a business.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glynis E
Bay T, Owner at Bay Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry if you didn't feel welcome on arrival - that was certainly not our intention as we fully recognise how important all of our guests are and try to go out of our way to make their stay special.

We have taken careful note of your feedback on your bathroom and will gladly take steps to address your concerns. We will also be addressing the issues you raise regarding half-filled toiletries and ill-fitting pumps as our staff are briefed to top these up and check these daily as part of a very detailed checklist in order to service all rooms to the high standards we aspire too.

We are extremely sorry about the issues you have experienced during breakfast service and can confirm that you spoke with both myself and Alistair directly about your concerns: we were informed by our chef that your food was re-cooked (not just kept warm and sent back out) so we are very sorry you found this not to be hot. We have spoken directly with our staff member who served you and we would like to assure you that we are actively addressing all aspects of our service, including how we serve breakfasts, and are currently undertaking detailed staff training for all of our staff.

Once again we would like to apologise as your stay on this occasion did not live up to your expectations. We recognise this and confirm that we have already given you a discount on your stay as a gesture of goodwill. Robert Stone (co-owner/ manager)