“Great pizza in a perfect spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Posillipo

Posillipo
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Great pizza in a perfect spot!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a sunny couple of hours with friends here on a sunny day overlooking the bay at Broadstairs. We had some great pizzas (recommended) good wine and good service from pleasant staff. Definitely worth a visit on a sunny day!

2 Thank clacton57

London, United Kingdom
“The food is good; but the service...it hurt”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It was the first time when I felt that I am less important than other customers. There was a table of 8 next to us on a sunny Sunday(before the bank holiday) which was asked every 5 minutes if the food is ok, it they would like any coffee, water,etc. by 4-5 waiters in total; me and my friend weren't even asked once if the food is ok after they brought it to us; after waiting for more than 10 minutes I finally managed to "disturb" a waiter to place an order. Not sure if those customers were the owners of the restaurant or the waiters sensed generous tips but I didn't have a single small reason to leave tips; and at some point they were throwing loads of bottles in the bin which was very disturbing/unenjoyable. I will try something/someone else when i'll be around.

Kent
“A little bit of Italy”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a great little restaurant, in a super position with a veranda overlooking the sea. The food is inexpensive (about £10-£16 for a main, pizza is slightly cheaper). We opted for a pasta dish, I had Spaghetti Vongole, very tasty, and not too large. The garlic bread was home made and also delicious! The service was good, I think just about all the staff were italian. The beer could have been a little cooler. But overall a very nice little restaurant.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having been a regular visitor to the sister restaurant in Canterbury which is always first class we thought we would give the Broadstairs version a try. What a disappointment ! Where do I start? Service slow beyond measure eg 30 minutes to get our order taken then another wait for our drinks, cold beer warm glass, red wine spilt on base which dripped on my wife's skirt . Then another long wait before our mains arrived. Food when it finally arrived fine, apology for delay none but then that was par for a totally disinterested set of waiting staff with no conversation and no attempt to impart any enthusiasm or interest in their clientele whatsoever. Dessert was requested, well we were supplied with a dessert menu but after 20 minutes of waiting for someone to comeback and ask what we wanted to no avail I asked for the bill. Another long wait and then I was told as I was paying by card I has to go inside to pay at the bar (have they not heard of remote terminals?), That was the last straw, a complaint to the manager led to an embarrassing conversation as I pointed out the issues in front of incoming and exiting guests. At least I got the drinks taken off (grudgingly) the bill. This restaurant needs to go back to the basics of customer service and attention to detail and not just rely on what can only be a rapidly diminishing reputation. As an example the tatty menus must now be over 6/7 years old with references to great reviews in 2004,5,6 and 7 If it does they will reap the benefits.

1 Thank Nicklc
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Ok”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I used to love this place but over the years the food has really gone down hill. Mainly the desserts which seem to have been brought in topped with squirty cream. Pizzas are great though and should definitely be tried. Better to go when quieter as the tables are so close together that when it's busy it can be a but much unless you are on the amazing terrace.