“Late booking”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Gillingham, Kent
“Late booking”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

After arriving at Rochester to try another local restaurant which has now closed we were able to get booked in without any problem. I rang them around 20:15 and asked if they could offer a table for 4 at around nine o'clock. within a minute the reply was yes.
Very nicely greeted on our arrival and given the option of where to sit despite being quite busy they did have a few free tables.
Restaurant is over three levels, we choose to sit downstairs in the cosy basement level.
No delay in taking our order for drinks. Within a more than acceptable time our food order was taken.
Opted for the mixed dim sum platter for 4 which was more than enough as a starters.
Our main courses arrived after a comfortable 'rest gap'.
All the dishes arrived perfectly hot and even asked for another rice dish which followed in no time at all.
Not rushed at all, despite the restaurant starting to empty we felt under no pressure to finish and get out. Service it has to be said for us was excellent. The waitress's were very friendly & helpful.
Overall great evening, lovely food and excellent service.
I can also highly recommend Grandma Thai for take away / delivery service I have used several times and never been disappointed with quality of the food.

• Visited June 2013

“As good as ever. Finest Thai in Medway”
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I could wax lyrical about the usual high standard of the food, service and overall experience but why bother. Just go yourself and experience my favourite Thai in Medway. Nothing else comes close in this area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TheHolps
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Dim Sum of its parts”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Booked a table for two over online however, when we arrived there was no record of our reservation, no matter as there were only two other tables occupied. The restaurant itself is a bit dark and gloomy, the walls are clad in a dark wood panelling and left quite bare. A few pictures here and there along with some table candles (ooh fancy!) and perhaps some background music may lighten the mood a tad.

From the moment we walked in, the staff were lovely. They were full of smiles and more than attentive.
The food itself is ok. Without wallowing in self pretence, it’s not the same quality as some of the decent London Dim Sum, but for Rochester, for the price and for a wet Saturday night, it was more than pleasant.
The prices are cheap, they don’t sell booze, so that’ll keep your cost down. They do provide glassware and will put your grog in their fridge for you.

To surmise; if you fancy a cheapish meal out, you could do a lot worse than this. My only criticism is that there isn’t a huge amount of Dim Sum to choose from, but, I guess its enough.
I will return, but probably not for a while.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SMI9
Lonfon
“Perfect Evening !”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Spent a lovely evening here, its Dim Sum / Chinese - the Roast Duck is to die for and you can eat at your own leisure. Its bring your own booze and no corkage. The staff are so nice and freindly, I would go back simply to talk to the waitress who advised me of places to visit when I go on holiday to Thailand soon....

The restaurant is very close to Limehouse Thai, I understand there owned by the same people but they are different food.

Make sure you try....oh and its not expensive either....

• Visited March 2013
gillingham kent ME72DY
“good food good service”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

highly reconmend limehouse linked to granma thia we always book a table it can get busy the food is first class its the best thia in england that ive tried service very good portions good size nice place to eat for a special treatif you have not tried thia try here

• Visited December 2012