“Hostel with lovely views and pleasant propietor”

Riverview Lodge Rochester
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Riverview Lodge Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Rochester B&B and Inns
Beckenham Junction
“Hostel with lovely views and pleasant propietor”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

A quirky place perched on the cliffs down the street from a pleasant pub with an excellent Indian restaurant. The building has great "old" bones with spectacular fireplaces and views from every window. It's a tired house though and not for everyone. For me it was worth the stay just to take in the breakfast room, the wallpaper and the high ceilings. It is in need of some re-decorating and cleaning (I'd skip the shower) but the owner is full of interesting conversation and the experience is fine for those accustomed to none of the comforts of a typical hostel (towels and an adorable bar of pink soap provided, along with breakfast).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
The Heart of England
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed one night and that was enough for us. The entire building is tired and could do with a good clean. The owner was friendly and helpful. The view from the bedroom window was amazing but the bedding had a blood stain on it ! and the shower was full of pubic hair !! sorry but no matter how cheap somewhere is you should still expect the basics to be right.

It needs a full refurb and a good clean it seemed like it had all got on top of the owner.

I dont mind cheap and cheerful but I expect cleanliness.

I hate to say it but I wish we had opted for the travel lodge or whatever it was over the river.

Would not reccomend sorry.

The breakfast was fine but thats about it.

note to the owner sack your cleaner as they are not doing anything

It could be an amazing place with a lot of time and money

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you expect clean facitlities
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheHeartofEnglandStu

Travellers are raving about these Rochester hotels

Nottingham
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We were surprised at the number of stairs - 4 floors, sleep at the top.Basement kitchen for your use was a good idea. Breakfast was D I Y cereals and toast and make your own tea/coffee. We only saw the landlord once from arrival to departure and no other staff present. Bed was clean and comfy but facilities very tired, 'en suite' very small, whole place may have been nice 10 years ago. Seemed to be used by labourers working locally rather than holidaymakers.

Room Tip: View may be good on top flor but beware 59 stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawson L
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We had to wait for the owner to appear as he was in town and we had to phone him. The room was a little tired and the ensuite was pokey and needed upgrading. The views across the river were good.The continental breakfast was good but the lodge is more of a hostel than a B&B.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A clean and comfortable place to stay. Great views over the Medway and within easy reach of the town. The staff are very helpfull and provide a great Continental breakfast. This was our second stay and we will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at Riverview Lodge in order to attend a family party nearby and found it to be a very pleasant, clean, comfortable base. Our room was very spacious and gave a wonderful view of the River Medway. Mr Sheikh, the Proprietor was very efficient and welcoming both during the booking process and during our stay. We would like to thank him for his courteous hospitality.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river is great - wonderful view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Bromyard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The owner is OK and the lady he employs to clean the rooms is wonderful and should have a pay rise! My room had excellent views. That is all I can say that is positive, unfortunately. The office area is incredibly messy, I was not helped with my luggage, the TV did not work (the owner could not fix it, blamed previous guests and gave me the instruction manual to try to do it myself but I couldn't), the small table I asked for was left at the foot of the stairs for me to carry up to the room myself, the room is extremely dated, the kitchen area for guests in the basement is sticky, nothing is done for you at all, it is like a self-service b and b, the breakfast is totally self-service with no one to even greet you and say hello, the crockery and cutlery is cheap, it is worse than most youth hostels. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anna L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Travelodge Chatham Maritime Hotel
#1 of 17 in Rochester
Botleigh Villa B&B
Botleigh Villa B&B
#6 of 17 in Rochester

Been to Riverview Lodge Rochester? Share your experiences!