“To redress the balance.............”

Riverview Lodge Rochester
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Riverview Lodge Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Rochester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2014

While flat hunting in 2009 I stayed here for 7 very happy weeks at 25.00 a night (great value) The room was bright & airy if a little last century (nothing wrong with that), the breakfast more than adequate for the price of the room (+ a superb river view) & self catering kitchen spotless. The "handy man" was a hoot too, which really added to the experience! The main bonus is the place is far too far out for the rowdy bunch so you are not going to be disturbed here.....90% I encountered were respectful tourists, the other 10% friendly contractors (who left their muddy boots out the back entrance.....nice change!) The shower on my floor wasn't big enough for me - but few anywhere (inc. my own gaffe) are so I was directed to the FIRST RATE basement bathroom after a day. When the flat hunting stalled around a month, the owner offered me a good size room for 600.00 p/m............& the place was such a home from home by then I seriously considered it!!!

Want value, comfort, friendly atmosphere & no yobbo's? Willing to "put up with" a little 'quirk'?

Look no further!

Room Tip: 2nd floor, first left facing (really quiet) road did me fine for 49 nights!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed one night on business to Rochester. Very friendly and helpful owner.
Room was clean with view over river. Very reasonably priced compared to other hotels/b&b on Rochester High Street and only a 10 minute walk away.

Owner was very helpful when I left my rain coat behind and looked after it for me until a work colleague was able to collect for me.

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at de Riverview Lodge for 4 nights, but wished we didn't book so many nights in advance. The building is old, this is not bad but when no maintenance is done in the last 10 years...
We brought our own yoghurt and cereals because there was nothing more than cheap, tasteless bread, no yoghurt. There was some old, not fresh cereal but we didn't dare to eat that.
The manager was nowhere around, only in the beginning to collect his money. After that moment,... there was no one besides other guests who complained about the accommodation during breakfast.
The rooms were not fresh and we had the feeling the sheets were more than 30 years old. Also the bathroom wasn't cleaned once during our 4 night stay.
Normally we don't really take our time to commend on B&B's where we've stayed, but this was so bad that we had to share it with other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank G d
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Me and my friend had a lovely holiday in Rochester. Had lovely view of the River and the Countryside. The owner was kind so were the staff who done our washing for us. We enjoyed the stay rooms were lovely and en suite was outstanding. Every thing wasnt to munch trouble.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are nice withy outstanding view of the River and the Castle and the Countryside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank martin c
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed for one night, it was clean and tidy and the views alone were worth every penny. Basically it is a 2 star B & B and doesn't pretend to be anything else. We believe it to be very good value for money and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have river views, so would ask for one that has.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joy r
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with family and friends for a wedding and chose it due to its location but wish I'd chosen somewhere further away and footed the bill for a taxi instead.
The cleanliness of the room was ok but everything about the place was old and tired and pretty much knackered.
The beds have seen better days and the bedding wasn't fit for purpose.
The breakfast was awful. I just about braved a slice of toast.
All in all a very overpriced stay for what can only be described as a Grim experience. I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Nerrynoo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I normally try to find a positive with everything, but with this hotel, I found nothing to be positive about. We arrived on the Friday to be greeted by a freezing cold room, no working lights and no hot water. When we tried to find someone to complain there is no one around. Saturday morning, we woke up to find a continental breakfast of half a loaf of bread and that was it. No yoghurts, no cereals, no orange juice. We went out for the day and returned Saturday afternoon. The heating had been turned off and once again, there was no hot water. Once again, with no one around to complain too we decided to come home a day early. Once returning, we complained via email to the manager, who was not only rude and aggressive in his email but laughed off our complaint and said that he was not willing to refund our second night, even though we didnt stay becuase of all listed above. Avoid if you can!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EKMDLB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Gordon House Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Botleigh Villa B&B
Botleigh Villa B&B
#5 of 17 in Rochester

Been to Riverview Lodge Rochester? Share your experiences!