“Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Capture the Castle
Ranked #13 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Rochester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating
Description: Capture the Castle is a coffee shop within a delightful gift shop in Rochester, Kent. A great spot for a tasty lunch and pleasant conversation.
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Delicious sandwiches and cakes at the back of a fascinating gift shop. The sandwiches are served with salad trim and coleslaw, and the cakes are to die for. Light and bright, this is a lovely place to relax.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Visit her every Saturday and Sunday we can. Phil & Anke are lovely owners, they take pride in the food they serve and are always very welcoming. It also stocks fabulous gifts and home ideas and Anke has a real stylish eye.
Lovely.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Gets better all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

On our recent trip back to our old hometown Rochester, Kent, we once again spent time in Capture the Castle, a gift shop and cafe combined. The food is great, as usual, and you can find that special gift for that special person on the shelves. Philip and Anke are the proprietors and they cater for small groups at a small number of tables in the rear of the shop. Many come to browse and end up staying for lunch or afternoon tea, vowing to return as soon as possible. Capture the Castle will capture your interest and your heart.

• Visited August 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Stylish & unique! Captures the imagination and my pocket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Capture the Castle is a unique and stylish shop offering stylish individual products sourced from all over Europe. It is refreshing to see this on any Bristish high street as all you seem to get is chain after chain after high street chain.
Now I know Rochester has many unique shops but the goods ranging from clothes to homeware are mostly items bought from big wholesalers in the UK, again no individuality as we see these on other high streets as well! I have also seen many of items on the markets in London which takes the shine off these other so called "unique" shops. Capture the Castle is THE most individual shop on the high street!!!! And all prodcuts are of excellent quality.
The owners are the most welcoming and friendly people, who are always happy to help. I return again and again for gifts, as my friends love the presents I buy them from there. Of course I sometimes treat myself as well.
It is also worth mentioning the coffee shop. Best sandwiches EVER, freshly made to order. I don't even bother buying Coronation chicken or Pastrami from anywhere else now as they don't ever come up to Capture's standard. Oh who am I kidding the whole lunch menu is excellent. The cakes and coffee are second to none and also worth a try for those with a sweet tooth ;-)....!
I have noticed how other coffee shops have tried to copy Capture the Castle which only shows how high the bar is as everyone wants a slice of their success.
I urge anyone to go and visit Capture the Castle....and let it capture you as it has me and my friends.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing beautiful Gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I love Capture the castle, have been popping in since it opened and well my mother is such a regular she has a set table she always goes too.

Owners are the friendlist people I have met, even moving away to Birmingham they still ask me how I am and well I always treat myself to something at their lovely vintage/ boutique shop at the front. The food is always lovely- I always hope there is a bacon and lentil soup each time I go as it is amazing. And what can I say as you walk in and sit down for a drink there is always about 5 cakes and slices staring at you, It would be rude not to try a piece of homemade deleiveried daily cake. Thhumbs up! you must try

• Visited May 2013