“A Medway marvel”

Ranked #3 of 17 Rochester B&B and Inns
Labretonie, France
“A Medway marvel”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Visiting Rochester to enable my husband to have a walk down memory lane, we stayed in the Temeraire room at Cedar Lodge and were delighted with our choice. The room was very spacious, beautifully appointed and immaculately presented. Thoughtful extras - homemade biscuits and fudge, and a range of quality toiletries . The bed was very comfortable with high quality bed linen. Delicious breakfast topped off the stay. Very welcoming hosts and great value for money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I chose this B & B based on the reviews on this site and was not disappointed. The delightful house is set in a lovely part of the town with an elegant cedar tree in the front garden. My single room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfasts are excellent and the proprietors could not do enough for me. I am happy to recommend it and hope to return sometime.

Room Tip: As as I was on my own I booked the 'Putting Green" single room which had a double bed and w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sussex
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews before we went and we were not disappointed. We had the room Temeraire, which is a lovely large room at the front. Very comfortable with good bathroom.
Breakfast was enjoyable, with some interesting choices,eg Eggs Benedict, Kedgeree. Hosts very helpful and hospitable.
Would recommend this B and B.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MegiGirl
Burford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

A wonderful and friendly B&B, lovely and clean room with Egyptian cotton bedding. Fantastic homemade biscuits in the room and a really good and varied choice of breakfast menu. The hosts were extremely helpful. Will definitely be back if and when I have to return for work, or possibly leisure with my wife. Have no hesitation in recommending this B&B.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a very good b&b immaculately clean, very tastefully decorated. A friendly welcome in a nice setting with a very tasty breakfast. The rooms are impeccable and the bed was very comfortable (my wanted to bring it home!
We were visiting friends in Rochester and will definitely stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked this B&B for my mum who was visiting Rochester/me for the 1st time since I moved here few months ago. As she doesn't speak English, one of my first question to Alison (the owner) when I called to ask for availabilities/prices was if she spoke French, and her answer was "mais bien sûr! je parle français et mon mari aussi!" I knew that my mum would get along well with them and she did. Alison and Joe are very nice people, very welcoming, talkative and the owners of a lovely house. Mum would have loved to be able to eat all the breakfast offered, but not being used to eat so much in the morning, she just had toasts and jam. The B&B is about 25 minutes from town centre, which is not too bad. I will definitely advise it next time I have visitors.

Room Tip: "Putting Green" is the room on the street side, but as it's not a busy street at all a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank didine3221
Watford
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have just returned from Rochester after a two night stay with two other couples (one of them jackiekc8). Alison and joe were superb hosts. Our room the Temaraire was superb, tastefully decorated, huge and comfortable bed, beautiful and spacious bathroom with excellent shower. The hospitality tray also had lots of home made goodies. Breakfast was just to die for with unbelievable range on offer. This is one of the absolute best Bed & Breakfasts ever!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The King Charles Hotel
#6 of 6 in Chatham
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#4 of 5 in Gravesend

Been to Cedar House B&B Rochester? Share your experiences!