“Lovely comforting food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been twice and loved the food both time. Massive portion of gorgeous English food. The deco is a bit dated but it's still a great place. Can't wait to go back. The lady who served me is very welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank Olivier F

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have used the Kings Arms quite regularly for the past ten years. The decor was much improved by the arrival of the present Landlord and Landlady and the restaurant is warm, cosy and welcoming. The choice of wine is usually quite good, and the guest beers are offered with knowledge and interest from the bar staff and Landlord alike. The food has always been good quality, nicely served and good portions. Occasionally, we have to wait a while for a table, occasionally drinks take a while to turn up - but then, they are often very busy and always apologise. Our experience has been that the staff are interested in what they are doing and very polite to all comers. And of course, Val the barmaid is a morris dancer and general all-round good egg. We love it.

The landlady has even asked us for our opinions on occasion.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is no 6/98 in Rochester on Trip Advisor and deserves the position. We had garlic mushrooms - and I say it myself, the salad was delicious too, crisp, with a unique sauce. Ruth had liver and bacon; I had lamb shank. Again it was delicious - and the gravy/sauce was something special; I can’t describe it. No room for dessert!

1  Thank Incartek
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have eaten here on many occassions and have never been let down! The staff are all very friendly and the location is idylic. The prices are very affordable and your plate is always bursting with lovely food.

1  Thank Lambertjj
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went here for lunch and were really impressed. There was a very warm welcome, the staff were lovely and the lady behind the bar was really friendly and chatty. We ordered from the specials board and were simply blown away by the size of the portions. I ordered the pork belly and it was a massive, doorstep size, at least four times larger than any other portion I have had before with a huge pile of beautiful homemade mashed potato. Despite being delicious I really couldn't finish it all. The drinks are good too. I had a lovely local light lager and my husband was happy with the selection of real ales. Will definitely be back again.