“New Years Eve with a BANG!”

Oliver's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 141 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Oliver's Restaurant is an exclusive establishment in the heart of Rochester. Our philosophy is to only offer the best to our patrons. From our extensive range of wines, beers and spirits, locally sourced and inspired restaurant A La Carte menu to our equally high standard of customer service. We want every visit you make to Oliver’s to be memorable for all the right reasons – great service, great atmosphere, great company and great food and drink.
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Bought tickets to see the New Year in Oliver's I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first purely because of my first experience in Oliver's.
(First experience in Oliver's - 24th December 2015, visited for Christmas Eve for drinks around 3pm - IT WAS DEAD. Being from Gravesend area a lot of places in Gravesend at that time would be very busy so was a shock to the system).
However, I didn't let that ruin it for me I was just hoping for the best.
Bouncers - were lovely very polite and really chatty.
Champagne on arrival was a nice touch and as we walked into the bar it was heaving!! So so busy, very little room to move but I enjoy places like that. Everyone was out to have a good time.
DJ played some absolute bangers running up to the countdown & after the new year, to say my feet were aching from the amount of dancing I was doing would be an understatement.
Best bit, even though the venue was busy it wasn't too busy that you had to queue for an hour for a drink. 5 minutes MAX. Also, nice touch the bar staff all had a drink dead on new year with the rest of us - well deserved as they were working so hard!

I would be more than happy to come back to celebrate the new year in 2017!!

1  Thank SH05059
adboperations, Owner at Oliver's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

thank you for your kind review. we are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 2 January 2017

My family and I had a wonderful stress free Christmas Day at Oliver's .
Lovely three course dinner , great service from friendly staff

adboperations, Owner at Oliver's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

thank you for your kind review. we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

There were 5 of us all looking forward to a meal here & as I've been before was really excited. Great atmosphere as always wonderful waiting staff who work so hard but the food was awful. Poor starters that we attempted to eat and the mains were terrible . My steak was so tough I couldn't even cut it !!!! Desserts were left untouched and we were charged a service fee of £20!!!! I've emailed Oliver's and the response was that they will pass feedback onto their chef!!!!! Again the waiting staff /bar staff are pretty awesome but food quality and prices let Oliver's down. They've built a great reputation and now are trying to live off that and serve food that I wouldn't feed to my dog . I had a pub meal the day before that was a 3rd of the price and was wonderful . If you want good food with fair priced drinks ... DON'T go here.

3  Thank Happyplace1
adboperations, Owner at Oliver's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

thank you for your review. I have passed this on to the team to investigvate

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We visited on NYE and received fantastic service and lovely food. Can't recommend it enough. Will defiantly be revisiting.

thank you for your kind review. we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Waited 4 years to get a table here and what a disappointment!!
Seated quickly then overwhelmed with 5 different staff water, wine, bread, napkins in the space of 2 minutes
2 minutes later starters ! No wine however !!
Starters were acceptable serving staff were not...bumping into chairs knocking, wine glasses over...
Main courses...cut into my slow cooked lamb shank and my knife got stuck then stayed there....
I'm not one to complain in restaurants but I did !
Called over the most on the ball waitress explained the problem...the response was "she would see what chef could do"
Me...."cook it for another 3 hours"
I said I wouldn't pay for it or eat it...
Offered alternative menu choice which I accepted and thoroughly enjoyed.
We were also given a free glass of wine each.
Dessert was the best course.
Waited four years and won't be going back!!
Disappointing

thank you for your review. we have checked our records and have no record of your visit. we note you have also left a bad review on another of our sites. dated on the same day . we have reported this review as suspect