“Great breakie”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great breakie”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been here many times good service great food prices on the high side for a breakie but worth it also has a good sandwich counter

Rochester, Kent, United kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not for prams or wheelchair users”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Thought we'd pop in for a spot of breakfast on this Sunday morning with my partner & 13 month old baby. My other half looked in first & told me we would have to fold the pram down as there were stairs to the seating part, but the only way we could get into the shop would be to lift the buggy in anyway, so not a great start, eating area was clean & the menu had lots of choice. I went to the counter to order & asked for a highchair, I was told there weren't any, now, I know I could've just put him back in his pushchair, but the aisle was narrow & it would have caused a blockage, I would have left, but my partner wanted to stay so we ended up having to take turns eating as we had to make sure the bubbs didn't fall off the seat , not quite the enjoyable experience I was hoping for! Food was nice. The gammon ham looked like it had come out of a packet & not freshly sliced though. Would I go back? Possibly not for a sit down meal, but maybe for the deli part, but if you are with someone in a wheelchair or someone who couldn't get up the stairs then I wouldn't try to go in.

Kent, UK
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was suprised by some of the not so favourable reviews. I was here on a Saturday and it was very busy. My friend and I managed to find a table at the rear of the shop, near the counter.

There was a large amount of choice, lots of ingredients for the baguettes and not just your usual run of the meal stuff either. I thought the portion size was generous and the quality of the food, good. I bought an eclair but couldn't eat it so I asked for a bag to take away and they were happy to oblige.

I would happily eat here again

• Visited May 2014
rochester, kent
“Average food at unaverage prices”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Used to come here for take-away baguettes, etc - but found the prices extortionate and the food very ordinary. Now use Morley's just down the road which is better in both respects. Still come here for a coffee. They do serve a decent cup - but it is not cheap.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank marcovanbatty
Rochester, United Kingdom
“grab a big cake and eat on the way home!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Not eaten in the café area to the rear of the premises but often purchase a lovely big cake to take home and enjoy! Always to an excellent standard.

• Visited April 2014