“Happy customer”

Greystones B&B
Greystones B&B
Ranked #8 of 17 Rochester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed in the Graystones B&B on a number off occasions .I found a 5 star welcome from the proprietor a filling breakfast clean spacious room the B&B is close to the town centre .I have no hesitation on recommending staying at Graystones when in Rochester .The owner will go out his way to help you on any enquiries you have about Rochester places to go and see eating out .You will not be disappointed with your stay at Graystones .

Mr Charles Maclean .Satisfied customer.

Room Tip: No need for Help all rooms are good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank charles692014

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have stayed at this bed and breakfast for 6 years in a row for the xmas period and have always found it to be consistently clean and tidy .They are always very welcoming and obliging considering my times I arrive and leave.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Love having coffee making facilities in the room especially first thing in the morning as I am an early riser..
I would certainly recommend this B+B to anyone

Room Tip: Speak to the owner he is very obliging to your needs
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mandi_13
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went to Rochester on a business trip and stayed at Greystones B&B during one week. It was an excellent experience, the owner Bill was very kind and helpful. The facilities of the B&B made my stay comfortable, the bedroom was always clean and very homey. The owner offered me a lavish breakfast which I enjoyed every morning with other hosters. I will definitely repeat this experience next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ANA B
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice B&B. Congenial and accommodating landlord. Our favorite B&B in Rochester not necessarily due to its proximity to our favourite restaurant (The Shozna) pub (The Good Intent). Stayed so many times, it feels almost like home.

Room Tip: Only used ground floor double w/ ensuite due to my disability. But landlord adjusts heating for my n...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VirginiaTam
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was booked into Greystones B & B by my company with a colleague in January, and we have been staying there until the time of writing this review (end of May).

Despite my company only paying for single rooms, Bill has always tried to accommodate us in double rooms with en-suite bathroom as other bookings allow. As we work every other weekend, this has been a bit of a juggling act for Bill, but he always manages to make it work.

All the rooms I have stayed in, both single and double, have always been of a high standard, clean, serviced every day with clean towels and replenished tea and coffee.

As we leave to start work on site at 06.30, we rarely get a chance to have a cooked breakfast, but when we do it is always excellent, otherwise we just have cereals and fruit, of which there is always an ample supply.

There is a guest fridge in the kitchen downstairs where we can keep food, and we have always had full use of all the kitchen facilities for cooking evening meals when we have the opportunity.

The B&B is set on a quiet street with easy access into Rochester town centre, you could walk down to the main street in about 5 minutes, and here is good parking in the street outside after 5pm and we have never had any worries parking our company van there.

I have stayed in many hotels and B&B's through work over the years, and I can honestly say that Greystones is one of the few places that I actually do look forward to going back to.

We have at least 2 months work left in Rochester and I have already arranged to continue staying at Greystones for the duration.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are large and airy and sunny in the mornings
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I can only recommend this B&B which, from all points of view, left me an excellent memory.
I stayed in this B&B for five nights in May 2014. When I arrived in the evening, the landlord was not there, but he had made arrangements so that I could access the B&B and my room.
We met later that evening and, after apologising for the inconvenience he had caused me by not being present, offered me a cup of tea, and we had a very pleasant chat.
My breakfast at 08:45, which I had alone as I was, he told me, the last to have breakfast, the next morning, I was served with a special treat of jam he had brought back from Europe.
The room was clean, and the cleaning lady delightful.
On one of the evening, we went with the landlord, and a couple of other residents, for dinner, in one of the pubs in High Street. It was a great evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Klaus K
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed at Greystones three or four times now - normally for the Sweep's Festival in May.
It has always been very pleasant with comfortable rooms. There are only a couple of large breakfast tables so you get to meet and chat with other visitors which makes it more interesting tan most.

Room Tip: Rooms at top are larger
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RDJ48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Gordon House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Chatham
Travelodge Chatham Maritime Hotel
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham

Been to Greystones B&B? Share your experiences!