“Great”

Hollywood Bowl Rochester
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Rochester
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrate in style at Hollywood Bowl Rochester! With state of the art scoring systems, audio-visual technology and glow bowling, be assured we are your number one destination!Fully packed with 24 lanes, all the latest arcades & Hollywood Dinner with freshly prepared gourmet burgers and hot dogs!Book now at Kent's premier entertainment centre!
Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had my daughter's fifth birthday party here, as well as bowling here with the family on a couple of occasions. Our experience each time has been that we've had to queue a fair while (between 5 and 15 minutes, despite booking in advance) - hence only 4 stars. However, once inside we've found staff to be friendly and helpful and when we've had food it's been nice. At the party, we had a dedicated member of staff who worked really hard to ensure my daughter's day was fantastic - she was fabulous with loads of energy and enthusiasm. For general bowling, it's a much cheaper day out than the cinema, and more interactive (with the family) too.

Visited February 2014

Maidstone, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“website prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

booked on line to take my four grandchildren for a birthday treat. On line i found a package which was for two games each at a price of £18, wonderful I thought until we got there and was asked if my grandchildren were disabled because that package was for special needs. Checking again on line there is nothing mentioned. 4 grandchildren disappointed, so best to phone for booking.

Visited February 2014
Ian T, General Manager at Hollywood Bowl Rochester, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hi

Thank you for feedback, our website does state the terms regarding our prices for concessionary groups in half term, but I agree it shoul be a bit clearer which I will feedback to get this updated.
Thanks again for your comments
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Good bowling, modern setting.

Food came quickly and was of the expected sandwich. Was a little expensive but everywhere is nowadays!

Staff friendly too.

Will be returning with friends and family.

Visited December 2013
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“To kill some time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We first came here in May for my youngest son's birthday. The children loved it, especially the party bags they got. We've been back several times since, always pre booking on line as it's cheaper. The children love it as there is the mini arcade to play air hockey and swap tickets for prizes! A good way to spend a few hours.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolutely love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Been here so many times it's hard to keep track! First came here in July and loved it! So much better than AMF/First Bowl or whatever it's now called in the Pentagon in Chatham! The arcade is brilliant, another reason to visit. I've spent a fair amount in that arcade but it's all good fun.
Me and my boyfriend loved it so much we went twice in one weekend!
They do special offers which my friends &I often take advantage of; Friday night special being the main one which includes two games &a drink from the bar for £10 pp. Drinks include standard soft drink, glass of wine, pint of fosters or carlsberg (can't remember which it is) &a pint of ale I think? Absolute bargain in my opinion, often a lot more fun than a trip down to the local pub!
Never had a problem with them, staff have all been friendly/helpful; always there if needed, quick to respond, very polite.
Another bonus; after each visit we've had a 50% off code emailed to us which we've taken advantage of on many occasions! Overall it's a great place to go for a fun day/evening!

Visited November 2013