The Grimscote Manor Hotel
  • Free Internet
The Red Lion(Coleshill)
US$105
TripAdvisor
All reviewsattention to detaildual carriagewaysingle roomfantastic hotelsmall hotelfrom start to finishlittle toucheslovely groundsfood is excellentpersonal touchhome from homespecial occasionbusiness tripwould highly recommend this hotelfeel very welcomenothing too much troubleevening meal
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed one night in Grimscote this week on a business trip. The welcome was friendly and warm and the atmosphere of the hotel is homely. My room was small but perfectly fitted out, spotless and comfortable. I was so pleasantly surprised by the standard of the cuisine. I had the sea bass with pesto. It is obvious that everything is freshly prepared with best local produce so the taste and presentation made for a wonderful dining experience. Breakfast too was top class with fresh fruit and hot cereal. This hotel is a little gem!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The location was ideal; a short taxi ride from Coleshill Parkway Railway Station. From the minute I checked in I was made really welcome at the hotel. I was shown to my room and the room was very clean comfortable and had all the facilities I needed including wifi. Although it was fairly late I had an evening meal and the choice of food was very wide and taste was excellent. Breakfast was first class. On checking out I received the local travel information.
First class

2  Thank John A
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed overnight at Grimscote this week. Perfect location for NEC/Crufts, took less than ten mins to drive there.
Great hotel, nice family atmosphere, rooms very clean and up to date decor. Food good too.
Excellent.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. I cannot speak highly enough of it. We were welcomed with a complimentary pot of tea as our room was not quite ready. We sat in a most comfortable lounge. The bedroom was amazing. Everything was spotlessly clean. The beds and pillows were so comfortable. Usually in hotel accommodation it's good to return to ones own bed but these were home from home. The staff were so friendly and could not do enough to help. The food was excellent. Freshly cooked and ample choice.
We visit the N.E.C. several times a year and it is well worth staying just this little bit outside and getting a taxi in rather than the impersonal hotels closer. We cannot wait until we have another opportunity to stay again! We are a mature couple but this hotel is suitable for all ages. The decor is amazing. Check out the photos. Even the loo roll had a beautiful folded fan effect - nice touch!

Room Tip: We overlooked the front, which had beautiful views of the country side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie L
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I'm well travelled, pretty picky....and have food allergies..soooo bit of a nightmare HOWEVER if everywhere was as good as this hotel what a delight travelling would be!! Very professional in every aspect, complete attention to detail, super clean, friendly without being invasive and really lovely freshly cooked food.

Stayed in the Brockingham Suite (nicknamed the bridal suite) with a super large bath for 2 ..sadly I didn't have a groom with me so contented myself with the bubbles and TV...looked at other rooms in this older part of the hotel and all very nice but w/o super bath!!

will definitely stay again