The Grimscote Manor Hotel
US$84
US$70
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$152
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Free Internet
US$87
  • Restaurant
All reviewsattention to detaildual carriagewaysingle roomfantastic hotelsmall hotelfrom start to finishlittle toucheslovely groundsfood is excellentpersonal touchhome from homespecial occasionbusiness tripwould highly recommend this hotelfeel very welcomenothing too much troubleevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My Wife and I spent an overnight stay at Grimscote Manor, we were impressed.
On approach the entrance and grounds were well loved, clean and vibrant with colour. Beautiful flowers, plants and trees charming surrounded us (our current delightful weather put the cherry on top :)
At the reception we were politely received in a calm and professional manner and the décor was tasteful and clean as was our room (comfy bed too! ) Our facilities were perfect and after a relax and freshen up we enjoyed a superb meal which left me wanting more! The waitresses looked after us well and responded to our requests with no fuss. We retired to the lounge again well appointed and comfortable, perfect for relaxing after a satisfying meal and a few night caps. We both slept well and woke refreshed, breakfast didn't disappoint and set us up nicely for the day.

Thanks Grimscote, hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The stay At Grimscote Manor Hotel Is exceptional The rooms are very clean & tidy and decorated beautifully, nice new reception area and bar and lounge, the staff & service you get is 100%,
I have stayed here several times and would reccomend it to all.
 The price you pay its well worth the money, They are very friendley family run business and you would not get anything better in the area of Coleshill. The grounds out side are beautiful and to add to the stay the pool outside is excellant to especially with the lovely weather we are having :-). Its very easy to get to from all roads around M6 & M42 & is close enough to the airport too, getting to NEC is great and only 10mins away,
GREAT HOTEL, GREAT ROOMS, GREAT HOSPITALITY, look forward to staying with you again soon :-) PS this place is a hidden gem

Room Tip: the rooms are lovely and recommend the new suites, :-) very nice rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have stayed here a lot of times now and I have never had a problem, the staff are always attentive, friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble. The last time I stayed they were doing some major building work but now it's finished the place looks fantastic. I think I've stayed in all of their rooms now, when I am by myself I tend to stay in the annex, the rooms here are slightly smaller than in the main building but really nicely decorated and fantastic value for money. When my wife is with me we stay in the main building where the rooms are spacious and luxuriously decorated but still fantastic value for money.
The food is always excellent, home cooked, great taste and great prices.
I don't think the owners realise what a fantastic business they have, they charge b&b prices but deliver 5 star service. I can wholeheartedly recommend Grimscote hotel to any one whether they are travelling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex are smaller but great value for money, rooms in the main building are pure luxury, particularly the Brockington Suite
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Not impressed at all. I think I must have stayed at a different hotel.
The main rooms were very tatty, cream carpet in first reception room, was stained and filthy, leather high back chairs,in second reception room, leather seats were split. Felt like a poor old peoples home.
Corridor to rooms/restaurant, the doors were open into various rooms, eg. kitchen, laundry room had clothes hung on the outside door handle, the whole time we were there. The room itself looked a total mess, (this was plain to see, as the door was open all the time.) This was all before being shown, to what can only be described as a cave. at the back of the annex. Tiny window in the roof. Again very basic and tired looking.I asked for a different room, and whilst this was slightly better, (it had a window) it was exactly the same as the first room. The ensuite was very nice. Evening meal was mediocre. Drinks very expensive. Breakfast good.Glad I didn't pay.

Room Tip: I didn't see any of the bedrooms in the main building, but from experience, these are usually better, and have more character.
2  Thank anm1
saffielucy, Owner at The Grimscote Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Anm1,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and for this we can only apologies. We are a very busy small family run hotel but unfortunately during the week that you were stopping we were holding a photo shoot for a wedding magazine, a wedding where unfortunately the children took it upon themselves to have a black current cordial fight in the Guild room which also carried on into the lounge where they set upon the antique chesterfield arm chairs tearing the leather off both cushions (unfortunately there weren't any old people sat on them at the time.) You will be pleased to know that the carpets have been cleaned professionally and chairs are being re-upholstered. As far as the corridor to the rooms and restaurant are concerned it is almost impossible to keep the doors closed as we would like to for obvious reasons. Staff have been reminded not to leave clothes hanging up on door handles as there is an appropriate staff cloakroom for them. The first room you were shown does only have a skylight as you described but we do charge a low room rate of £54.00 per night, the twin room that you was upgraded to is normally £69.00 per night single occupancy. Yes they are basic but they have been completely refurbished within the last 12 months as can be confirmed by our very recent star rating assessment carried out on the 10th July 2013 by Visit England which we passed with flying colours for 3 stars and are very close to being a 4 star hotel. On the plus side it was nice to know that the en-suite was very nice and that we can provide a good breakfast, and yes you are right the bedrooms in the main building are of a higher quality but these are priced accordingly. I hope we have the opportunity of you returning to our small family run hotel but unfortunately this time you may have to pay

Kind regards

Steve, Gillian, Georgie and all the staff at Grimscote Manor Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Want to be near (15 mins drive) the NEC but away from the concrete bed factories? Do you require informal but friendly, helpful and attentive staff, good home cooking with food cooked to order, where you can relax with great service from this family run hotel. Then this is not for you because the more people that get to know about this little gem which offers all this at very realistic rates the more popular it will become (already has regulars who include it as a 'must' stay when in the area) and the more difficult it will be for the rest of us to stay here!