“Best Fry I have tasted!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mal's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 62 Restaurants in Antrim
Cuisines: Irish, British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Best Fry I have tasted!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Went to Mal's Bar and Restaurant! I ordered a big Mal's fry and it sure lived up to the name!! i even got a free cup of tea with the meal and was offered a top up of fresh tea which you don't get very often! Will definitely call when I am in the area again!! Keep up the excellent work!!

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Marian O

“Fantastic atmosphere and excellent value for magnificant food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Me and my family arrived to a great atmosphere and mannerly staff! Greeted and seated as we came in. The restaurant was lovely and warm especially with the cold night. The children were kept content with colouring pages and crayons! Food arrived very promptly and everything was as we ordered! Presentation fantastic! The toilets were the cleaniest i have seen around the area and baby changing area available was great, lovely and bright! Kids got free ice cream and juice with their meals, great value! Fantastic meal and we will definitely being back!!!! Hope use keep doing so well! Good luck with the new business!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Brendan543
Derry
“A disappointing lunch....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Took my friend for lunch at Mal's and was bitterly disappointed. I didn't get what I ordered and my friend's food (steak & chicken sandwich) was hardly fit to be ate. The bread was as hard as the road (as they say round here) and the steak pieces were chargrilled to destruction. I ordered Lyonnaise potatoes; what I got was half a bowl of chips with a plaster of cheese and onion thrown over the top. The food was tasteless and poorly presented. I will not be back nor my friend. I asked for something off the bill, I am pretty sure I got nothing. Wasn't given a receipt nor shown what she had taken off. For a place under new management they haven't left a good impression on me. In times like these restaurants need to do all they can to please their customers, they definitely didn't please me....

• Visited August 2012