“top notch!”
Review of Dunsilly Hotel

Dunsilly Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at Dunsilly to attend a family party. Everything from reception staff, to catering for the party, to the breakfast served was brilliant.
The staff were amazing, very accommodating and friendly and I think this is always a massive plus when staying anywhere.
I can honestly say that I will stay here again when over visiting family and would definitely recommend to all

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Visited bar and grill for mothers day - had an excellent selection, reasonably priced and decent food. Service a bit slow with regards to taking dessert orders but overall good experience and would return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LizzieS41
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Reserved a table here for Mother's Day. Food presentation was awful and attitude of staff except for one waiter was terrible. Waiter rudely refused to change our table and they did not serve dessert either and simply forgot about us. Over priced food. Pity I had not stopped at the service station down the road to get something better from the sandwich bar. Better to find somewhere around Junction One. Crap.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank T M
Bridgene, General Manager at Dunsilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear TM,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your dining experience with us on Mother’s Day.
We welcome all feedback to help us continuously improve our product and service offering.

I am shocked to hear that you had such a disappointing experience on Sunday. We served over 500 customers on Mother’s Day with high praise regarding both the food and standard of service.

Obviously your feedback is of great concern and I would like to discuss this with you to decipher which areas you feel fell down on that particular day. To look into this further I would need to know if you visited the grill bar or carvery and furthermore was it a particular dish, dishes or carvery itself that you felt was poorly presented?

Additionally I would like to look into the problem with your initial table that lead to a request to move and whether you felt the 5 course carvery or our grill menu in general is over priced?

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly, so I can look in to this further.
We take all customer complaints seriously and therefore I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Jonathan Devlin
Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We call at the Dunsilly for a bar meal from time to time and almost always find it very good. The staff are always very pleasant, the restaurant is always clean and tidy and the service is very good.
We would generally have a burger or maybe an meal selected from their specials menu and we are usually happy.
Occasionally I have heard others say that they have been disappointed with their meals but personally we are usually satisfied with our choices.
We find also the Dunsilly good for a coffee stop as there is always a nice relaxed atmosphere in the hotel.
I would imagine this would be a goods place for business and tourists alike to stay when visiting the Antrim area which has a lot to offer.
We will always return to this hotel and find it to be doing good business - so lets hope the occasional disappointing meal that people report can be sorted.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just spent 4 days and nights at this Hotel which for me rates above its official 3 star rating on the entrance wall . I was here with a sports team / group of 23 people and i could not be more impressed with the friendliness, helpfulness and attention to detail of all the members of staff i came into contact with .
The Irish breakfast and special coffee were delicious also. Rooms clean and comfortable with good size beds and a decent decor keeping it homely and warm .
All power to the owners and keep up the standards .

Room Tip: Any is ok .All double glazed and there are no special views as the hotel sits down off the road .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay , staff were attentive and welcoming , room was clean and comfortable , good shower ( always an added bonus ) . Food in tbe restuarant was tasty and the service top notch . Would recommend to anyone

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times for business and it seems that most people who stay there do the same although the restaurant always seems full of local people having lunch or dinner. Its a large hotel so lots of room to sit and relax in lounge, bar, tearoom etc. The hotel staff are friendly and it was very clean although dated. This hotel can be seen clearly from the road but the actual road to get into it is impossible to see in the dark as there are no lights on the road and the entrance is pitch black!! A good value hotel for business users as the place was silent each time I stayed so had a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
#1 of 1 in Aldergrove
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#5 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Dunsilly Hotel? Share your experiences!