“Friendly hotel and excellent value”
Review of Dunsilly Hotel

Dunsilly Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
South coast England
“Friendly hotel and excellent value”
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Five night business stay. This is my second time at the Antrim Comfort Inn, and I have been very impressed on both occasions. Other reviewers have commented on the friendliness of the staff, and I would echo this. Everyone from the front desk, the restaurant and the room attendants were genuinely pleasant. This is simple, but does make a difference to being away from home.

The food at the Comfort Inn is varied and of high standard, and the service is excellent. The hotel caters for lots of conferences and weddings, but I did not feel that this affected the service I received as a single guest. The location is perfect for meetings around N. Ireland (by the motorway in Antrim and next to the only Outlet Centre in the province).

A high rating also for the free wireless broadband available through the hotel. This always makes a difference to where I chose to stay.

The hotel is changing its name from October 2009 to become the Dunsilly hotel (it is located on Dunsilly Road). The receptionist told me that the aim is to achieve four star status. I wish them well with this, a lot of the standards for four stars are already in place. New, flat screen TVs perhaps?!

A very friendly, efficient hotel, and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Silverhill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cork
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I travel on a regular basis to the Comfort Inn Antrim so my Mother can visit her Sister nearby. After a 5 or 6 hr. drive I love to go in and experience the wonderful welcome. Nothing is too much trouble and if any slight problem is brought to the Staffs attention is is immediately dealt with. My Mother and I are always extremely upset if the Comfort Inn at Dunshilly is not available and recently decided that in future we will not travel if it is not available.

• Stayed June 2009
Co Antrim
Reviewed 16 June 2009

What a great venue - and staff that are second to none. The attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the Duty Manager Martin Brennan are to be commended. We had a wonderful time - great food, happy staff and excellent accomodation for ourselves and our family. Breakfast was great the next day too.....
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Just spent 2 days and one night there. Absolutely fantastic. The staff could not have been nicer. The rooms are big, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Entertainment provided some nights.
My disabled aunts room had a proper disabled bathroom (with alarm pulls) though I would recommend they put slip mats down near the shower as she found the floor to be a little slippy. Food was typical Comfort Hotel style with one big bonus - the chips were 'real'! I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
N Ireland
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We choose the Comfort Hotel for our wedding in March 2009 because as soon as we walked into the hotel we knew it was the one. We had the complete wedding package performed at the hotel and it was a dream come true. We had 90 guests and they are still raving about the day nearly 6 weeks after the event. The whole set up from our guests being met when arriving, to the food, the reception and then the party afterwards was just brillant. Martin is one of the best managers we have ever come across, nothing was too much trouble and he obviously briefs his staff very well as every one of them knew who we were. Everyone of the staff were so friendly and pleasant to all our guests. A number of our guests liked the hotel so much that they have visited it since our big day. Thanks to Martin and his staff our big day went off like a dream, not one single thing was wrong. All our guests had their rooms ready earlier than normal, the rooms were great and a lost handbag was found 3 days later and returned to its owner. As I have already said, nothing was too much bother. I would defintely recommend the Comfort Hotel as the perfect venue for a wedding. Its was brillant and if I could I would do it all over again.

• Stayed March 2009
Belfast NI
Reviewed 4 February 2009

Our experience of this hotel was absolutely fantastic. It was not orginally the first choice for our wedding but we wanted a Saturday in the Summer so we did not have much choice. However it was a blessing in disguise- I could not have faulted the venue or the staff and the day turned out brilliant. As my husband is from Dublin the hotel was fully booked with our guests. So many of them were so impressed with the standard of service that they have gone back for regular breaks since! Martin the Manager treats you with first class service more likely to be found in a 5* hotel. He has the hotel running like clockwork and is on the ball at all times. Ask for him personally if you are booking a wedding/event. The rooms are not 5* but you cannot expect that - they are spotless and more than ample. I would however have liked to see more toiletries available but thats only a minor complaint. I would certainly recommend this hotel both for events or for staying in.

• Liked — superb servive
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank MollyfromBelmont
West
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We stayed in this hotel in July 08 with our two children who were competing in the National Finals in the Antrim Forum. We also had a few other rooms booked for the rest of the Athletes from our local club. The hotel was packed with competitors from all over the the 32 counties. We could not have been more impressed how the management and staff went out of their way to facilitate everyone. This hotel has a restaurant and also provides bar food. We had booked the restaurant however when we saw how lively the bar was we changed our mind. The food was exactly what we wanted after a full day of athlecics in terrible weather, no gourmet but decent honest food. The bar staff were really friendly and the kitchen facilitated where possible everyone’s palate. Once the children were all tucked up for the night there was no ease off on the service, the bar was buzzin until the last adult was left standing (if that’s what you wanted). We were booked into a smoking room when we arrived however the Manager on duty quickly sorted this out and provided us with a non-smoking room as we had requested this when booking – only a small issue. Thanks to all the staff at the Comfort Inn, Antrim.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Probably a little bit out of the town of Antrim
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Gericool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
#5 of 6 in Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
Tullyglass House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Dunsilly Hotel? Share your experiences!