“Good location, good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
Otago Region, New Zealand
“Good location, good hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here recently over two extended periods for business. The staff were very friendly (front desk and cleaning staff). The room was kept very clean and nothing seemed to be a problem the the reception staff. Only slightly negative comment would be the absence of a fridge in the room - but I understand this is an Express hotel.

Location is good - 40 min to Belfast and 45 min to the North Coast.

I suggest you book well ahead over summer as the hotel gets very full with tour groups.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter9393
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially finding our reception and housekeeping team helpful and efficient. We value each and every form of feedback from each of our guests, Its reviews like yours that help us to continually strive to improve and encourage us when we get it right. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next visit

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Northern Ireland. We had to make changes to our booking before we arrived. Then we had a crisis after our first night. The staff were very understanding to our situation and nothing was any trouble or inconvenience at all.
We were made to feel very welcome and after we had to make an emergency trip to the local hospital the manager even kept a lovely breakfast for us.
I cannot fault anything and would give 10/10 for customer service. We are planning another trip and even although it is not central, the location is within easy reach of The Giant's Causeway and The Titanic Museum. Special thanks to Hellaina and Gail.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane B
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you would give 10/10 for customer service. I was so pleased to read however not surprised that Helena and Gail had looked after you and your family so well, We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and I am pleased this is exactly what you received. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We chose this hotel for its nearness to a function, not for its 'attractive' location - it's opposite a mall with nothing picturesque about it. My room overlooked the carpark and I could hear the traffic on the main road so had to shut the window. However, the rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast buffet (included in the room price) was extensive and the staff were very friendly. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Helen M
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially finding rooms clean, our team friendly. We are slightly different from other Express branded hotels as we serve a fully cooked breakfast, much to the delight of a lot of our guests. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the near future

Suffolk
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This HIE is like every other, so you know what you're going to get. Rooms are clean and everything works, free wifi everywhere(Hilton take note!) and easy to get to, lots of parking etc.

Unusually there's a big, fully cooked breakfast in with the room... so you can sop up enough calories before 9am to last until tea-time! This offsets the fact that the area is rather gloomy, and if an evening stroll is your thing then you might struggle to find a pleasant view.... but that's not the fault of the HIE. Very friendly young woman on the front desk, kept smiling despite having a grumpy middle aged bloke in front of her (me)... :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you were pleased with free wifi access throughout the hotel. I love the honesty in your review! Its great to know that our friendliness makes a difference. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

staffs
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were sent to this hotel after our flight was cancelled,right from the start the staff were very helpful and sympathetic The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast was very good unlike the one at the Belfast holiday inn.Iwould choose this hotel if I needed a stay close to the airport.All the staff should be congratulated they all went the extra mile

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laneyStaffs
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you found our team to be so helpful. Reviews like yours are the reason we do what we do. It was a pleasure to have you stay here with us even though it was unscheduled.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again with us when your in the area

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This was my 4th stay at this holiday inn express and I will stay again.
The hotel is currently being pained so felt fresher than my last stay , the rooms are identical to all Hi express , but the breakfast is a full cooked buffet breakfast and continental choices too plus porridge , so that's a great bonus for free. The bar is nice to sit in at night serving some food also but so many local food choices that you can walk to I don't eat in hotel. The car park is free too. Great hotel .

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you have been here before and had a positive experience each time. Our breakfast is a hit with a lot of our guests and I am delighted you enjoy it, We love to hear when we've got it right and its reviews like yours that let us know this is the case.It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay on your next visit

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

About half an hours drive from George Best Airport (cost us £31 in a taxi) this is what I would expect from this type of hotel. It is clean, the room was clean and pleasant, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the price very reasonable for bed and breakfast. We had lunch and breakfast and both were just ok but nothing to write home about. There is a large supermarket and a restaurant very close by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was pleased to read that your stay with us was a positive one, I was especially pleased to read that you the found Holiday Inn Express Antrim to be clean and that you would stay with us again. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Ballyrobin Country Lodge
#1 of 1 in Dunadry
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1? Share your experiences!