“Great place to eat from!!”
Review of The Chippy

The Chippy
Ranked #28 of 64 Restaurants in Antrim
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: AWARD WINNING FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN ANTRIM. RECENTLY WON A NATIONAL AWARD 'QUALITY AWARD CHAMPION AWARD 2013' , ALSO HOLD A 5 STAR HYGIENE RATING. WE OFFER A RANGE OF FOOD INCLUDING FISH & CHIPS, CHICKEN SPACERS, SAUSAGES, BURGERS, KEBABS, BAGUETTES PASTIES, CHICKEN GOUJONS. WE ALSO OFFER A HOME DELIVERY SERVICE AND ONLINE ORDERING 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat from!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Really love this place for going to something to eat.... Order from here on a regular basis and have never had a bad meal... Would highly recommend this place as the staff are great fun and really friendly.... Always go here at least once a week... Brilliant takeaway

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Do not order from for delivery!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Four times I have ordered online from them and four times it has been completely wrong. The final time (just now) I order a simple plain double 4oz burger and a chip. I paid with a credit card. I received a 4oz burger and a chip. When I phoned to inform them of their mistake (again!!) I asked to speak to the manager and was told they were not available. Then received a story about how on the receipt it was only a 1/4 burger so that's what I had received. Explained I didn't care what it said on the receipt as my credit card statement said I had paid nearly twice the price. Was then told I would received my double burger if I gave them the first one back. Told them this was ridiculous as I wanted my dinner now and my chips would be cold by the time they sent me the other burger (something that has happened every other time they have messed up the order.) Was then told there was nothing that could be done. I suggested they send my money down to me with the driver instead. I am now waiting on this to appear.

The girl on the phone then tried to explain to me how she was "only a worker" and had "no authority". This I understand so I again requested to speak to a manager or shift runner but told they had "no authority either". Was told to ring back the next morning. Some use.

I have 4 years experience as an assistant manager in fast food delivery. Requesting the food back from the customer is ridiculous. I felt like I was being called a liar. Again please remember this is the FOURTH time in a row this has happened. I only kept going back because the food is good but expensive.

Even more expensive when they don't give you what you paid for.

3 Thank jillni87
TheChippy A, Manager at The Chippy, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hi Jill
Thank you for this... We take all complaints seriously... We tried to contact you on Sunday evening when you got your order and sent an email to you... As yet we are still waiting a response??? We offered you a full refund of your order plus a voucher to use with us again off your next order and still no response... We have tried to sort this out with you and you don't want to know... We ask for orders to be sent back if they are wrong so we can see what is wrong with it.. We have no problem offering a refund or exchange... We have had people in the past that have got free food when we found out there was actually nothing wrong with their order this is why we have this policy in place.. It's the same with every shop.. You can't get a refund or exchange unless you take the item back to the shop... We currently have new staff employed and new till systems in place etc and i see you have had 4 years experience in food industry so you would understand how difficult it can be adapting to changes... You said you have had 4 completely wrong orders ... We were only aware of 2, this one and one on an extremely busy night for us where your chip was wrong and you received this within 10 mins of ringing down and a fella came to the door and said that it was no problem... And we let you keep the other chip you had then ..We would rather sort problems out and we have tried to sort out with you and you never came back to us... Again we apologise for this error and it won't happen again...a few changes have been made ... Thank you for this review..
County Antrim, United Kingdom
“Great place to order lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Food delicious with generous portions, best chippy in Antrim, staff friendly, premises squeaky clean, highly recommend :)

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Review of chippy”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Got a carry out tonite out of the chippy a chicken fillet burger and chip. The chicken fillet burger was fantastic and the chips were lovely. Only one downside I asked for a large chip and It is the smallest large chip I have seen ever. I did not ask for a small chip!!

• Visited February 2014
“Joanne”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Best chippy in antrim.. american supper are delish and the staff are ace very pleasant and helpful. \\{*!*}//