“Complete ripoff”
Review of The Chippy

The Chippy
Ranked #40 of 66 Restaurants in Antrim
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Award Winning Fish And Chip Shop In Antrim. Recently Won A National Award 'quality Award Champion Award 2013' , Also Hold A 5 Star Hygiene Rating. We Offer A Range Of Food Including Fish & Chips, Chicken Spacers, Sausages, Burgers, Kebabs, Baguettes Pasties, Chicken Goujons. We Also Offer A Home Delivery Service And Online Ordering 7 Days A Week!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Now I've lived in antrim my whole life and always loved The Chippy! I called in after work to get a gravy chip, looked on menu and it was £3.80..fair enough..I asked for peas and onions on it ,assuming it would be of little or no extra charge, when the girl said £5 I was in shock! For a gravy chip peas and onions?!? Seriously?!?
I looked at the receipt when I got home I was charged 80p for peas and £40 for the onions..the peas were mushy and the onions raw , what a complete disaster of a meal!!
Now I'm by no means stingy but the extra charges are vastly extortionate , your a fantastic establishment but catch a grip and stop ripping off your customers , it's not like your lacking in custom ,your queued out the door every teatime!
Come on you can afford it..stop overcharging on small 'extras' :-)

3  Thank Anneireland33

Reviewed 1 June 2014

High quality, low cost, worth a try. Specials also available including very good kebabs and a fantastic gourmet burger

Reviewed 28 May 2014

long queues seem to do telephone orders aswell so it took us 40 minute to get a fish supper for this reason I wouldnt go back.

1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Phone orders are given far too much preference over people coming in off the street. Need to find another chip shop in the town.

1  Thank Stephen_n_Christine
Reviewed 3 April 2014

i have mixed emotions as I think some of the food is great, but as in previous comments the portions sizes are tiny for price you pay. It is expensive but they do great daily offers which are good value. the waiting time is long...........I know they are busy but either more staff or more organised. Also the chicken nuggets in the kids meal are more like popcorn chicken! really not filling. Think portion sizes should be increased or prices lowered. Many other establishments in town serve huge portions of fish and chips which you would struggle to finish.

2  Thank Leannehamill2202