“More than a B & B”
Review of Rhins of Galloway

Rhins of Galloway
Ranked #1 of 6 Cairnryan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The welcome by John was just the job after a very long day - made to feel at home very quickly. I was also upgraded to their suite which blew me away as I NEVER get upgrades and also it was great to be able to work and relax in a separate sitting room, not a bedroom. The furniture and fittings were excellent and all matched, there was a TV in both bedroom and sitting room. I'm not sure I'd have chosen the suite as a business traveller spending my company's money, but I certainly felt it was as classy and comfortable as one of the best hotels I've stayed. Although there are no meals served in the evening there was a fridge for a couple of beers I brought and plenty of coffee and tea choices, plus a snack box near reception. John even gave me a small flask of chilled milk for my tea if I needed it. Breakfast was served with gusto and great attention to making it a pleasant start to the day - and it was brilliant.
This should operate as a full hotel as it is excellent for amenities and service - if they served meals in the evening it would be a complete service but I understand why not!
Best business stay I've had for a long long time. I would not hesitate to book here again!

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the suite - for the price it is a great choice and gives you a small sit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jimbsa
There are newer reviews for Rhins of Galloway

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent b and b plus . Handy for the cairnryan ferry. Beautifully furnished public rooms and bedrooms. A very welcoming host - made you feel you were staying in a private house rather than a b and b. Interesting history of the building which fascinated both me and my 90 year old dad and he happily went off to bed to read some of the reference material. That was after a lovely chillout with a hot chocolate in the most comfy lounge. We had a packed breakfast as we had an early start and it was great too. Certainly not your average b and b place - would stay again most definitely.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Found this place just for a one night stay before catching ferry to Belfast, wish we had longer. Spotlessly clean, huge rooms lovely friendly staff especially John. Breakfast was fantastic, great choices and perfectly cooked. Bed was super comfy and cosy, would highly recommend Rhins of Galloway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

97/99 people cannot be wrong. This is a wonderful place to stay, run by friendly and welcoming people.
I could write reams about this place but I won't, as less is more in this case.
This B&B is: clean (to the nth degree), very comfortable and seriously, the cooked breakfast is enough for two people.
If you were opening your own small hotel or B&B - here is your blueprint and aspiration!
A brilliant place to stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at The Rhins again recently on our way to Northern Ireland and as always we had a wonderful stay!

Paul and John were as welcoming and hospitable as ever and the food and accommodation were top notch as always; just sorry it was only for one night.

Looking forward to our next time and recommending highly to anyone looking for quality B&B in the area! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good but for the wee bit extra in cost we always spoil ourselves a little and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were treated so graciously and made to feel so welcome by the owners that it seemed as if we were staying with family. Everything is decorated so tastefully and the rooms we had seemed more like suites with chandeliers, sofas, and fireplaces. The whole place sparkled it was so clean. The bathrooms were beautiful. The meals were made to order and couldn't have been better. You can walk across the street to the beach for an amazing view of the bay. We just loved it there and appreciate everything the hosts did for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I had two nights at this B&B. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we made the booking. The room was superb and very comfortable. The room was not dominated by the bed as it occupied only about a quarter of the space. The rest of the room contained nice comfortable seating area together with a second area containing fireplace, desk (table) and chairs. The bathroom was spotlessly clean. (no sign of any black mold often found in less clean establishments). It was also of a reasonable size, containing a full size bath, shower, washbasin and toilet. The space was such that it was comfortable to use, unlike some of the bathroom cubicles installed in the likes of Holiday Inns or Premier Inns.
On arrival, we were quite late, but the management were happy to cook us an evening meal which was very tasty. The breakfasts, cooked to order, were superb and presented in both a timely and efficient manner. Great attention to detail, they even provided individually wrapped tooth picks with the other breakfast condiments. I don't know who wrote the "Avoid like the plague" review - I can only disagree on all of the points raised - Yes the building fronts a main road - but our room was double glazed and while the road is busy when a ferry at the nearby port discharges it's vehicles, there is virtually no traffic at other times. We found our room (which faced the road) to be sufficiently soundproofed that our sleep was not disturbed. We will certainly be using this place again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairnryan
North West Castle Hotel
#3 of 5 in Portpatrick
The Homestead Guest House
The Homestead Guest House
#4 of 6 in Cairnryan

Been to Rhins of Galloway? Share your experiences!