Riverside Lodge Gardens
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
East Lodge Invergloy(Spean Bridge)
View Hotel
The Factor's House(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bground floorquiet locationspent two nightsfirst floorwalking the great glenbreakfast was deliciousa lovely stayroom was spaciousa great place to staynext morningporridgecolinhostscotlanddetourfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Colin you were a most gracious host. Our stay was a short one, but we felt right at home. The breakfast was outstanding. Your help getting a table for us at the Old Station Restaurant in the heart of Spean Bridge was much appriciated. We also noted how helpful you were with the other guests. Your home is beautiful and the river slowing running through your back yard gives guests a sense of relaxtion. I do truely recommend this great B&B to any travellers passing through this area.

Room Tip: Try the Old Station Restaurant in the heart of Spean Bridge, reasonably priced and great food. The staff were wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Only stayed 1 nite. Wish we could have stayed longer. Couldn't have been made any more welcome. Although my wife & I could only get a twin room when we booked - we were immediately offered a double on arrival as another guest had cut their visit short due to illness!! Beautiful house. Do yourself a favour - if you're staying in the area, Stay here!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I found Riverside Lodge Gardens via Trip Advisor, as my mom, sister and I were coming through Fort William/Glencoe and having a hard time finding a B&B with a room for three travelers. Not only did Colin have a family room that accommodated up to four, but everything about it was perfect. There was a double bed, a single bed and a pullout bed, and it was like we were all having one big slumber party! We had a bathroom en-suite and woke up the next morning to a delicious Scottish breakfast served up by Colin himself.

I'm glad that we opted to stay in Spean Bridge over a bigger town like Fort William. It had so much more character and was a perfect launching point for the Isle of Skye the following day (the next stop on our itinerary). Sadly, we only got one brief night at the Riverside Lodge Gardens, but I'd love to come back here with my husband for longer--if for no other reason than to get more time with the gracious host himself! (Seriously, he was absolutely lovely.)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband, another couple and I were hiking the Great Glen Way and our walking support set up this accommodation for one of the nights. We were happily impressed. Colin came to pick us up at the end of the walk portion for the day and drove us the 2 miles to his B&B. Believe me, THAT was worth everything in itself! he B&B was in a lovely setting beside the river with lovely gardens. It was a modern house with 3 or 4 rooms. Our room was a twin which was rather small but the bathroom was fantastic. It was very clean and well appointed. Colin gave us a good recommendation for a restaurant within walking distance - not too far for people who had just walked 18 km :) In the morning his breakfast was well prepared and fresh and served with a smile. We also had a bagged lunch he prepared for our next day of hiking that was substantial and tasty. I recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Myself, my wife and Son have just returned from a 10 day adventure travelling all around Scotland. We have met many friendly employees and owners, eaten great breakfasts and slept in luxury and comfort, tended to by lovely individuals. Of all the places we have slept and eaten, and people we have met. This luxury accomodation and service is the best. Thank you Colin ! To all readers of this review. Don't miss out on visiting this great location and ideal base in Scotland and do give the Riverside Lodge gardens a try, you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Ask Colin for his recommendations if eating out and if siteseeing. He is a fountain of local knowledge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family