This is a wonderful, small, family-owned and run inn that is so comfortable and welcoming an environment that we extended a day. The rooms are comfortable and clean (very good bed), but the most notable feature is the small, welcoming, always-on staff. Small in number, they each can be found at the reception desk, serving hot tea or a whiskey in the lounge at the end of the day, or waiting table in the high-quality restaurant: service not in the stuffy sense, but in the ever-present willingness to see to your needs and make you comfortable.
We took advantage of the location to see the area, and as a base for walking the first few stages of the Great Glen Way. Corriegour staff assisted with our transportation needs. The kitchen here is as good as any I've ever experienced. Definitely stay here if you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Accommodation, situated in one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland - between Spean Bridge and Loch Ness - is the Highland holiday retreat you've been looking for. Just a short drive from Fort William and an ideal place to stay. On the road to the island of Skye, Corriegour Lodge Hotel is the perfect central base for touring The Highlands. The hotel accommodation enjoys outstanding views over Loch Lochy and has its own jetty. In our Loch View Hotel Restaurant you will be served the finest produce from the Scottish Highlands' rich natural larder, King Scallops,Aberdeen Angus Beef, Mouthwatering Home made breads and puddings from our ever changing daily menu which has earned us the Scottish tourist boards "Eat Scotland" Silver award and Michelin Recommended.The Great Glen is a geological fault-line cutting right across Scotland from Inverness in the east to Fort William in the west, famed for its wild and dramatic scenery. Along its length runs the Caledonian Canal, which links east and west coasts via a sequence of lochs including the famous Loch Ness and our own Loch Lochy. It is an ideal place for walking, cycling, pony-trekking, climbing, fishing, sailing and other watersports. Explore the hotel grounds and accommodation and see Spean Bridge, Loch Lochy and the surrounding Highlands area for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corriegour Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corriegour Hotel Spean Bridge
- Corriegour Hotel Fort William
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland