Corriegour Lodge Hotel
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Smiddy House(Spean Bridge)
TripAdvisor
Inverour Guest House(Spean Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Burnbank Lodges(Spean Bridge)
TripAdvisor
Coinachan Guest House(Spean Bridge)
Achnabobane Farmhouse(Spean Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdining roomloch lochyabsolutely first classshower gelgreat dinnersmall hotelcoal fireseen better daysstayed two nightswe loved our staytrip to scotlandscallop startersmall windowprivate beachisle of skyewine listone night stay
Reviewed 21 August 2012

First, the restaurant. One would be hard pressed to exceed the quality of the meal combined with the spectacular view from the nearly all glass walls facing west and south looking along the Loch and its adjoining mountains. The food is simply spectacular and the view before, during and after sunset is unbeatable. The family which runs the place (mom operates the hotel and son is the chef) clearly work hard to please. New friends are readily made among the guests relaxing in the bar area before dinner. The rooms would best be described as quaint. This is an older building with paper thin walls and creaky wood floors which will annoy some but in the semi-wilderness setting seem just right. The bathrooms are quite modern while the bedrooms look like they date back to the early 20th Century. One caution: the hotel is not on the lakeshore as the website photo implies, but rather is on the east side of the highway with the road (and 60 MPH traffic) between the hotel and the beach-less Loch to the west.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chip S
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Our family with teens spent a week in Scotland. We wanted to stay 2 nights near the Loch Ness attractions but because of the Scottish Open this (about 40 mins away) was as close as our travel agent could find. She booked what we all thought would be a suite called the "family room" but what we got for a very high price was a slightly larger room with several beds (me, wife, 17-y/o boy/girl twins) cramped together, no luggage space, and a single small bathroom ventiliated by a small open window that doubled as a mosquito highway. We didnt sleep well at all here. For some reason, my wife and I had dinner included, but we had to pay about $75 each for our teens. Dinner was elegant, top of the line, with an outstanding view of Loch Lochy. We were not used to the dining system there, as when you come down for dinner, you are placed in a sort of ante-room where you are seated, served beverages for awhile and i think presented with the menu. Then a little later, you are escorted through a french door out into the main dining area where your assigned table awaits. Breakfast was healthy, and I think included for all four of us. James, the main attendant during our stay, was busy but attentive, and we had interesting conversations with him about the area and the history of this lodge owned by his aunt. James is a hard worker who takes pride in his job, and we had the same feeling about the other staff. The restaraunt must have an excellent reputation amongst the locals, as a weekend night was very busy, and James suggested we come for dinner a little early which we did, and that worked out nicely.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank spunkydad
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The biggest praise I can give Corriegour is that I'm well above average in the fussy/critical stakes yet have probably made 10 visits here over the last 13 years, the last being in May 12. Service? Tick. Food? Tick. Rooms? Tick. Views? Tick. Visiting here is like getting a big hug from your favourite aunt!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila F
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nice comfortable hotel with excellent views over the Loch. Excellent service with attention to detail. Fine food and value for money for the discerning diner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed in a ground floor double room at a single, walk-in rate of GBP85.50. My rate included a three course evening meal and breakfast. This was my 53rd hotel on a 9 month trip. Overall a comfortable one-night stay at a reasonable rate for a single person, although I’d consider it over-priced for two.

What’s good: The hotel was convenient for a one night stay on the way to somewhere else. It’s a charming old building with a view over the gardens and partial view of the nearby Loch. The evening meal included in my rate was nice although nothing outstanding, as was breakfast. Room was small although decorated okay, leaning towards requiring a little maintenance.

My room included a small table & chairs, and tea/coffee making facilities. Bedding was comfortable and linen more upmarket. Free wifi normally provided throughout the hotel wasn’t functioning except in the foyer, although I could access it being next to reception.

The evening meal containd a selection of local food choices and wines - although they’d run out of the pig trotters entree option, I had pork belly as an equally delicious alternative, and Lamb Shank as a mains. Breakfast, also served in the restaurant was standard continental plus a hot meal option. It’s nice to relax in the old lodge lounge area and select your menu choices with a nice shot of whiskey before you’re seated.

Minor issues: The room was very small and ceiling lights didn’t work although an additional lamp was provided once I informed reception of the problem. The bathroom was modern and clean although water from the shower tends to spray all around the bathroom. A little noise from the room upstaiirs and nearby reception area door closing.

Staff were polite and attentive.

Nearby: There’s nothing within a five mile drive although I did cross the road and access the Lodge’s private ‘beach’ (through the gate) on Loch Lochy. Lovely views all to myself on sunset.

Unsure if I’d stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo