Strengths: Efficient booking system. Welcome was ok but a smile from hotel manager reception would have been good. The lounge and bar was comfortable. There were lots of interesting things in the lounge (good reading material etc). We dined at the hotel. The food was amazing - so well done for that. The view from the restaurant was fantastic. The waterfall at the back of the hotel is fab. The room was pleasantly decorated. The bed mattress was excellent. Good choices of coffee/tea supplied in the room. Room was clean. The breakfast was good. The waitress was very pleasant, warm and courteous. She smiled alot (perhaps a learning hint for hotel manager). Also location is fantastic.
Weaknesses: The room was a little cramped. Too much furniture for a small room. We had a twim room. The bedding was feather - so pillows were too soft for us. The shower was very weak. We are used to power showers. The grounds really need tidying up. The bins in the hotel entrance (near cottage) was unslightly and smelled. The hotel may want to consider screening the bins.Also not a pretty sight for old flower pots to be thrown near the back of the hotel. Infact anywhere where guests have access needs to be kept tidy/immaculate. Breakfast fruit could have been more ripe. Not sure why black pudding was crumbly? Guests had access to free internet but only in the lounge area. Would have liked internet access in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Accommodation, situated in one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland - between Spean Bridge and Loch Ness - is the Highland holiday retreat you've been looking for. Just a short drive from Fort William and an ideal place to stay. On the road to the island of Skye, Corriegour Lodge Hotel is the perfect central base for touring The Highlands. The hotel accommodation enjoys outstanding views over Loch Lochy and has its own jetty. In our Loch View Hotel Restaurant you will be served the finest produce from the Scottish Highlands' rich natural larder, King Scallops,Aberdeen Angus Beef, Mouthwatering Home made breads and puddings from our ever changing daily menu which has earned us the Scottish tourist boards "Eat Scotland" Silver award and Michelin Recommended.The Great Glen is a geological fault-line cutting right across Scotland from Inverness in the east to Fort William in the west, famed for its wild and dramatic scenery. Along its length runs the Caledonian Canal, which links east and west coasts via a sequence of lochs including the famous Loch Ness and our own Loch Lochy. It is an ideal place for walking, cycling, pony-trekking, climbing, fishing, sailing and other watersports. Explore the hotel grounds and accommodation and see Spean Bridge, Loch Lochy and the surrounding Highlands area for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corriegour Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corriegour Hotel Spean Bridge
- Corriegour Hotel Fort William
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland