“A welcome pit stop”

Eagle Barge Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Spean Bridge
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You will also find The Eagle Barge Inn on http://www.fortaugustus.org/invergarry/foodanddrink.php
Reviewed 30 August 2013

A very welcome break and rest from the incessant rain. Well, my dear TAs this may be a somewhat subdued review, but I'd thought it post it nonetheless. I had just walked a sodden 12+ miles from Gairlochy (doing the Great Glen Way), yes, dear hearts it was stair rod rain...the lovely Fiona would not have been best pleased as it makes her hair go all curly...?! Anyway, the Eagle Barge...well, it was warm, dry, quirky and had a decent selection of beers and most importantly malt whiskeys. I didn't eat there, but took a seat up near the front and eavesdropped - don't you just love doing that! there was a mixture of young Spaniards a rather loud, eccentric couple who'd just moored up- the lady behind the bar..the owner I think, appeared somewhat dour, but it could have been the loud man, the rain, the share prices....I've learned not assume/presume. However, I did enjoy my brief sojourn out of the rain. The ambiance was very pleasant and I'm sure that this would have been a more animated experience if in company, so I am reluctant to say anything negative in the interests of fairness. So, it was very pleasant, quirky, warm and the victuals were excellent and I would definitely recommend a visit if passing, as in fair weather the views would be good and if having walked from Gairlochy or indeed the other way, the stop for refreshment is a welcome one - and the other reviews recommend the food etc, so do try it.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Had a really good lasagne here for lunch, washed down with some tea (nice touch that they serve your cuppa with a digestive biscuit!) and a scone - ok, I was hungry after my walk! It's fairly pricey for what it is, but you can't beat the gorgeous location, and the staff were really helpful.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Start with a couple of real ales, enjoy the haggis, the banter, the excellent service. A real joy of a night, they even gave us a lift back to the B&B for free. I would go back any time.

2  Thank profdrrgi
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I had two meals at the venue. The food was exquisite, with peat smoked salmon and beef Wellington among the highlights. Good selection of beers on tap and Paul is a great host. The highland music on Friday night added some extra magic. Looking forward to a future visit!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I am the bride in the wedding mentioned in one of the other reviews and I just wanted to add our compliments. As you may have guessed this was not our first visit to the Eagle Barge Inn and the absolutely fantastic nights we have had there previously convinced us that this would be the perfect venue for our wedding, and we were not proved wrong. We visited the barge several times in the week leading up to our day, and because of a brief visit on the Saturday and Sunday, our wedding party decided that we had to have more than one meal there, so we booked the Wednesday night as well as having our big day on the Friday. We had a great combo of Seafood platters, Haggis, Peat smoked salmon as well as a few other dishes. We also finished with the Platter of Love, a phenomenal mix of deserts and a cheeseboard to finish. amazing! Our wedding day was just perfect for us - The food was amazing, the company even better. Folk musicians were playing, our family and friends were around us and the hosts did everything possible to ensure our most memorable day to date. Thank you Paul, Janet, Will and Victoria for you amazing service and support.