“AnnWilliamCullen Great BB Lovely Hosts Who Cant Do Enough For YOU”

The Braes Guest House
Ranked #12 of 23 Spean Bridge B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“AnnWilliamCullen Great BB Lovely Hosts Who Cant Do Enough For YOU”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and loved it
Frist class hosts who cant do enough for you to make sure your stay a pleasure
Excellent room very clean and tidy with fantastic views from our window bed was so comfy we slept like logs
Frist class breakfast which was well cooked and lovely set you up for the day
Very spacious lounge with books, games and TV all for your comfort
Frist class hosts lovely BB and so peaceful and quiet will be recommend to my family and friends and would defo stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed overnight at The Braes at the end of my my 9th day cycling from Lands End to John O'Groats. The Braes is a modern stylish house set well back from the main road thro' Spean Bridge. On arrival I received a very warm welcome from the Phillipe the host, who having shown me to an very nicely furnished spacious bedroom with a beautiful en suite, offered to make me a coffee. Whilst there was no TV in the bedroom there was a very comfortable lounge available to all guests in which there was a large screen TV. (As Phillipe and Theresa are evidently very environmentally conscious I expect this was an efficient energy management decision and did not detract from the pleasure of my stay.)
On request my bike was safely stowed under cover at the rear of the house.

There was a lot of information on the local amenities available in the lounge, most notably a schedule of local eating places, accompanied by a log of guests' reviews of them. This proved very useful to me in selecting my dining option for the evening.
I spent a very comfortable night, enjoyed an excellent breakfast and went on my way after a very warm send off from Phillipe. Evidently Phillipe and Theresa have worked in the wider hospitality industry elsewhere and this was apparent in the quality of and efficiency of this B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Stockport
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have stayed here twice and will keep returning when we can. Our last stay was for three nights.
It is in a good location for touring. The room was clean and well equipped, with a great view. There is a spacious lounge with lots of books & maps for you to peruse.
The hosts are excellent, warm and welcoming, they are happy to share their local knowledge.
The breakfast was superb and kept us going for a long time.
Some good places to eat out in the evening not too far away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were here for two nights and we have had several B&B's before, we can say that these people are fantastic. Warm welcome, beautifull great room, excellent breakfast and a great vieuw.
And quite also important

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Braes during a holiday in the Highlands earlier this month. I can't credit Phillippe and Theresa with the weather (which was great, so I had no need to call on the drying facilities), but they did everything else to contribute to a delightful stay. I had a single room with a garden outlook rather than the more scenic south side of the house, but the views from lounge and outside are superb, facing the Nevis range and Grey Corries. My room was well-appointed, comfortable and modern.
I was welcomed with tea and cake and, especially helpful for me, an offer to print the mountain weather forecast. There were suggestions where to eat in the village; the Braes is just outside Spean Bridge, so 10 minutes' walk (or a couple of minutes' drive). The breakfasts were superb, with a wide range of choices.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed at Braes House for one night on an eight day walk on the Great Glen Way. Although all of the B&Bs we stayed at were satisfactory, Braes House stood out as the best. The room was spacious with lots of light. The proprietors--Phillip and Teresa--were extremely gracious, happily driving us to dinner one night and to the point on the trail where our hike began the next morning. The English breakfast we had was the best we have had of over a dozen in Scotland. While all of the B&B proprietors that we met were courteous, there was a sweetness at Braes House which made it unique.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stopped on the great glen way! Brilliant house with great rooms very modern & great bathroom. The view is brilliant with the nevis range glisterning in the window. The breakfast is the best we had along the way. They also drove us back to the great glen way to resume our walk.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends