“friendly and pretty”

The Braes Guest House
Ranked #15 of 23 Spean Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The welcome from Philippe was very pleasant. The room and the bathroom were clean. The hosts were hearty and helpful. We felt to bee in good hands. The car-park were next to the house and the breakfast perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I spent three nights here with my two sons (22 and 15) on a trip to climb Ben Nevis. We had a triple room which was very comfortable and had an excellent shower. The breakfasts were very good and our hosts were friendly and helpful, giving advice on Ben Nevis and suggestions for other things to do and places to eat. I stayed at several other B&B's across Scotland in the course of my trip and this was definitely the best.
Andy (although TripAdvisor seems to think I am Emily, who is my daughter!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily N
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Braes is a family run guest house and on arrival was greeted and welcomed by (Philippe) who was a very polite and informative person' who not only helped in settling me into my accommodation but was also able to give me sound and good advice on activities within the surrounding areas; my room was a single room situated at the rear of the premise overlooking a wooded area and was very clean and tidy and had recently been redecorated (perfect for the single traveller) all the services you would expect from a lager hotel were provided for " Tea, Coffee, Biscuits, Kettle, laundered bedclothes, towels and en-suite" which were cleaned changed and replaced on a daily basis.

The Braes is situated a short distance from the starting point to the climb of Ben Nevis (approximately a 10 – 15 minute drive) along a straight and single road which was perfect for me as I wanted to be close' but not too close to be affected by the likely increase in cost and influx of people who you would expect been too close to Ben Nevis.

So all I can say really is a big thank you to "Teresa & Philippe" for their hospitality and first class service and “The Braes is a first class Guest House ideally situated for access to Ben Nevis, the short trip to Loch-ness and Urquhart Castle and other great surrounding features and would most defiantly recommend and look forward to staying with them again”

Many Thanks

Paul

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was the second of our B & B stops on our 7 night tour around the Highlands. I changed the booking to 2 nights , glad I did and would love to stay longer! Stunning views from our large double ensuite and the guest lounge. Immaculate, well appointed rooms with extra touches of info ( the resident bats, places to go), lovely biscuits. On arrival we were welcomed with tea, coffee, cake and biscuits which was lovely after our long drive. The breakfasts were tasty, I especially liked the creamy yoghurt and the scrambled egg with smoked salmon. The hosts could not do enough for you, including driving us down to The Railway restaurant and offering tools to help my husband replace awkward bulbs in his motorbike after a long day taking in Skye. A peaceful stay set back from the road, perfect after a day of touring.

Room Tip: Large comfortable double, plenty of room, heater in shower room and although not front facing a love...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dentrev
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The host was delightful and offered to come and pick us up after we had telephoned asking for directions, this is very refreshing when some hosts just bluntly tell you, 'see you when you get here.' Freshly brewed Coffee on arrival with Biscuits. Clean room and facilities. Good Breakfast service.
Overall very good value for money..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you go onto their website this says it all, and its true. We stayed for 3 nights and wish it could have been longer. A very warm and friendly reception and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Bedroom 1 which looks out onto the Nevis range. Whether cloudy or sunny a stunning view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harrogate50
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were walking Scotland and had to walk a bit off our path to get here but it was so worth it. The room had great beds, the breakfast was excellent and our host was fantastic. He even took us back to the trail in the morning. Definitely in the top 3 of the 14 B&B's we stayed in during our walks in England and Scotland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends