“One of the very best hotels i have ever stayed in”

Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Spean Bridge
Leicester, United Kingdom
“One of the very best hotels i have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

What can i say about the letterfinlay Lodge? well it's less of a hotel more of a home from home staying with friends type of place. From the moment you arrive to the second you leave everything is perfect. The staff are extremely helpful the rooms are very very well appointed and trhe whole place is clean beyond compare. As for the food.....well go and try it, in my view its the very best Scotland has to offer. If you going to stay here for a night a week or longer you will not go wrong, Major hotel operators should also visit to see what it's like to enter a hotel as a person and not a number with a credit card , they will also understand what a real hotel experience is all about. AA***** from me

Room Tip: Every room is a best room but for me try room 7
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank paul_godwin
DonaldAllan, Manager at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you found our Hotel to be the best Hotel that you have stayed in and I will ensure that I pass your kind feedback onto my Team.

Donald Allan

PS:- You should think about coming back for New Year, it will be an excellent night.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Greek first
northumberland
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend and the setting could not have been more picturesque. Due to no fault of the hotel, the booking website had lost our booking, the staff dealt with this very well and gave us a lovely suite. The hotel facilities were very comfortable with a lounge with sky TV, darts and private veranda overlooking the Loch.

Both our evening meal and breakfast were of good quality and service was friendly and helpful.

2 Thank seahorseuk
DonaldAllan, Manager at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your kind comments onto my Team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Donald Allan

PS:- You should come and see us in July or August we will have more fresh local seafood on our menu and our boat in the water.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We booked the Hotel based on all the excellent reviews, but were quite disappointed. You basically just pay for the view/location.They have used an excellent photographer who makes the hotel look very nice and stylish. In reality it’s not as nice.
The refurbishment work has been done very half hearted.
We were particularly unlucky with our room. The first night we couldn’t have a hot shower. Unless you ask them to press the booster button, you won’t have any hot water in the evening. If there is hot water, there is basically no pressure to have a proper shower anyway.
Our TV didn’t work and they forgot the kettle in our room. (It has been fixed after complaining twice)
Check in was supposed to be at 14:00 but after arriving at 14:30 we were sent away and asked to come back at 15:30. They have a big sign saying: Food served all day...but of course we couldn’t have lunch while we were waiting for our rooms as there is no food served between 2 and 5 .
We had dinner there once and the food is nice and staff tries its best, but the service is very unprofessional. (Don’t expect to be able to test the wine before it is served or the waitress to speak English.)
Bar closes around 22:30.
Would have been nice to be offered a small discount.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
DonaldAllan, Manager at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Thank you for your review.

I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

The rooms that you booked through Late Rooms were 2 standard rooms. Our standard rooms have not been refurbished however are graded 3 stars by the AA and are of a good 3 star standard.

Our superior rooms have all been fully refurbished to a 4 star standard and are of excellent quality and can be seen on our website along with pictures of our standard rooms. I do not understand why you are under the impression that our standard rooms have been refurbished because this is not detailed in Late Rooms or our own website.

I am sorry that you did not have hot water on your first night. Our Hot water is switched on all day and night. On investigating this situation I have identified that we have had a problem with our heating programmer and this has now been replaced so this will not happen again.

I do not understand why you could not get any food at 14:00hrs because I have CCTV and order slip evidence that we had served sandwiches, soups and scones from 14:00hrs to 16:00hrs. I also do not understand why you were not served in the bar after 22:30hrs because the bar served drinks on that evening up to midnight.

I am really sorry that you did not have a good experience at our Hotel and can assure you this is not a normal occurrence. As you can see from our Trip Advisor comments most of our Customers have an excellent experience.

Once again I am extremely sorry and I would be exceptionally grateful if you would allow me to contact you by telephone to resolve your complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Fantastic place - enjoyed 2 wonderful days in this place. I made a mistake with my reservation - but the staff was very accommodating and put my family up in another room. The room was very clean (almost new) and the place in general has a lot of character (the pool room, the entertainment lounge, the deck and the dining area are fabulous). There was even a small play area which my kids thoroughly enjoyed. Access to the lake is also available.

If you are travelling with your family (esp with little kids), I would recommend that you book one of their cottages with self-service option. The only downside is that they don't have internet connection - but again, you may not want to be connected when you stay in this place. Overall - it definitely merits more than a 3* rating!!

Would love to come back to this place sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank prexy

Donald Allan

PS:- You should come up any time from May to September and I will take you out on the Hotel boat and show you the beautiful sights of Loch Lochy.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed for only one night, arriving evening and leaving early. Booking was very quick and easy over the phone. I didn't know beforehand about the restaurant, so we were all very impressed with the selection and quality from starters through desert; all highly recommended. We were leaving very early the next morning so the staff came in early and left us a continental breakfast for us which was a very nice touch. Room was clean and bed relatively comfortable, although I wish they had left the heat on at night. The problem was with the (very large) bathroom which needed cleaning: The access pipe behind the toilet was missing a cap, there was mildew in the shower, and due to a leaking tap in the shower which had been leaking for a long time as it was very slimy when I took the shower. As it was very early in the morning when I noticed, I didn't bother to ask to change rooms or anything, and I'm sure judging from the nice staff they would have fixed it. Still, as my wife refused to use the shower, it kind of put a dent into what was otherwise a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meatshawarma
Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay however extremely concerned and sorry that you found our bath to be dirty of which we are extremely sorry for.

All our baths are deep cleaned daily using commercial cleaning products. The bath does not have mildew, it is staning due to the age of the bath. Our bath in this room is a collector’s item and is over 100 years old. Most of our Customers like this bath because it is so unique.

Donald Allan

PS:- You should come up any time from May to September and I will take you out on the Hotel boat and show you the beautiful sights of Loch Lochy and give you one of our rooms with a modern bath.
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Only stayed two nights but worth every minute spent there. Great reception from staff, room was perfect . The views from the decking outside the bedroom as well as from the dining room are superb. Service is excellent, the food was superb and all made to order including breakfast.
We will be back soon and will be passing the details on to family and friends.

3 Thank ailidh3

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2011

We were driving back home from the Isle of Skye and needed a place to stay and just stopped in. It turned out to be a very nice place with great food and lovely staff. The deck overlooking the loch looks terrific, but the weather didn't let us enjoy it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

#2 of 2 in Fort Augustus
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
#1 of 3 in Ballachulish

Been to Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!