I came across this hotel by accident while surfing the net looking for somewhere to stay which was close to Ben Nevis.....Its actually about a 20 minute drive to the bottom of Ben Nevis but its well worth the journey.
I did look at a few places in Fort William but they all looked like your typical crappy UK hotels (overpriced/in need of a lick of paint etc) and after driving past a few of them i was proved right ,Im so glad we chose here.
From the moment we arrived (3 middle aged blokes from Essex) we were made to really feel at home.Violetta (I think thats how you spell it) was a star and couldnt have been more helpful or accomodating,once you got use to her unique accent (Glasgow with a bit of Lithuania thrown in).Nothing was too much trouble,even when all the other diners had gone to bed she kept the bar open for us and was more than happy to serve us (Ive no idea why the review a couple below this whinged abt the bar shutting early,maybe they were just bores?)
The food was very,very good and reasonably priced,as was the fairly decent wine list.
The rooms were spacious (we all booked a double room each) and very comfortable and had everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard.
One thing which I did find strange was that by 10 o/c EVERYONE had gone to bed,must be the fresh air or something!
The location is stunning but be warned ,there is nothing nearby so be prepared or drive to Fort William (we did once,I wouldnt bother,its a bit of a dump on a Saturday night) if you fancy getting away from the hotel for the night.I wish we hadn't bothered.
All in all avoid low rent Fort William accomodation and stay here,its worth paying that little bit extra.If Im up that way again I know where I will be staying.
Disappointed we didnt see Donald.....!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel rests on the banks of Loch Lochy only 15 minutes from Fort William and boasts breathtaking views over the Great Glen. Watch the world sail by from our panoramic sundeck whilst enjoying the freshest produce and locally landed seafood carefully hand-cooked by our award-winning team of chefs. Retire in the evening to our cozy bedrooms, many of which have magnificent views over the loch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Letterfinlay Hotel Fort William
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland