We stayed here for 3 nights in June 2011 with our dog (in Room 14, the dog friendly room). The location was incredible, on the edge of Loch Lochy with great views from the restaurant and sun deck. Breakfast was excellent with a wide selection available. We also ended up eating in the Restaurant every evening as the food was of such a high standard. Staff were friendly, helpful and very accommodating.
The dog friendly room was fairly basic..I guess it was designed to be easy to clean etc but it still represented good value for money. It was ideal for dog owners with easy access to go in and out as you pleased and a dog waste bin conveniently located. Also it is probably worth mentioning that there are no areas of the hotel that dogs are permitted in.
Overall, I would definitely recommend based on the excellent service, the beautiful location and the quality of food. We met Donald the Manager (the John Stape lookalike!) who was very friendly and runs a very well organised operation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel rests on the banks of Loch Lochy only 15 minutes from Fort William and boasts breathtaking views over the Great Glen. Watch the world sail by from our panoramic sundeck whilst enjoying the freshest produce and locally landed seafood carefully hand-cooked by our award-winning team of chefs. Retire in the evening to our cozy bedrooms, many of which have magnificent views over the loch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Letterfinlay Hotel Fort William
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland