We had booked The Letterfinly hotel in January thru Easybreaks a couple of days later the then manager phoned to say that if we wanted a view of the loch it would be more expensive we agreed and were told we would have room 7, so on the night before we were due to arrivie at the hotel we phoned to find out about the weather conditions and to confirn our room was the same, apparently the best in the hotel. When we reached the hotel we were told that room 7 was not available and that we can have room 8, the room was very nice, nice decor,comfy bed but the veiw was restricted as there was a wall the the right. No7 on the other hand had two windows one looking to the left with a veiw towards the southern part of the loch the sunsets were very nice from the this room the other window faced the loch but no wall to consider. The point of this is that on the night we phoned, the chap that checked us in at the hotel could not remember that we had called it was the same guy. Anyway No8 is a nice room but the shower could'nt pull the skin of a rice pudding, plenty of cupboard space, and a nice tele. The food was good the interpretation of the menu a wee bit flowery, with very generous portions. the lounge has a dart board and pool table and a open fire when its lit. The staff are freindly and helpful. James the new manager was interested in improving standards as was Alan and Martin. The only real draw back to us and this sounds pettie the cutlery was not very clean. Around about the area there are lots to do, Glen Roy was beautiful don't just go to the veiwing point go down into the glen and you'll see lots of dear a bit of a hairy road but worth it. We would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel rests on the banks of Loch Lochy only 15 minutes from Fort William and boasts breathtaking views over the Great Glen. Watch the world sail by from our panoramic sundeck whilst enjoying the freshest produce and locally landed seafood carefully hand-cooked by our award-winning team of chefs. Retire in the evening to our cozy bedrooms, many of which have magnificent views over the loch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Letterfinlay Hotel Fort William
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland