We arrived after dark on cold Saturday evening and although we could hear the relaxing sound of the loch, we weren't able to see it. After our delicious evening meal in the hotel restaurant we stood out on the decking outside our room and could see a wonderfully clear sky full of stars.
The room itself was very modern, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Osprey suite (I think) the larger of the three ground floor rooms and well worth the extra few pounds for the extra space and views of the mountains from one side and the loch from the other.
Waking up on the Sunday, opening the curtains and seeing the loch in full splendour was wonderful. A few wisps of low cloud hung over the mountain opposite the loch. At this hotel you really wake up to the postcard experience of the highlands!
Close to Fort William and Ben Nevis too, so plenty to do in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel rests on the banks of Loch Lochy only 15 minutes from Fort William and boasts breathtaking views over the Great Glen. Watch the world sail by from our panoramic sundeck whilst enjoying the freshest produce and locally landed seafood carefully hand-cooked by our award-winning team of chefs. Retire in the evening to our cozy bedrooms, many of which have magnificent views over the loch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Letterfinlay Hotel Fort William
- Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland